Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone tried Basil Hayden’s Dark Rye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone tried Basil Hayden’s Dark Rye?

Basil Hayden's adds rye with a hit of port, but don't call it flavored whiskey

Click image for larger version

Name:	$.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	441791

I have not as I just read about it now.

I've read a lot of negative reviews. Never tried it myself. Folks say it's too porty.

Comment

I thought you were going to ask about bread!

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder77 View Post
      I thought you were going to ask about bread!
      I really didn't click on it the first time cause I just eat my pastrami with the white stuff. But then I couldn't resist to see what THIS rye bread looked like.

Comment

I just cracked my bottle last week. I thought it was pretty great! Personally I really love "finished" bourbons.

Comment

Right now anything will taste good to me with the day I’m having.

Comment

Never had it.(The thought of blending Basil Hayden saddens me ).

If you find it's too "porty" for your taste, but still looking for something a little different, maybe go for Angels Envy... not blended with port like the BH rye, but finished in port casks so the flavor is definitely there but not overwhelming, quite nice.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here