Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unopened pre-prohibition bourbon.....over 100 years old.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool!. I have no idea of the value but, I collect all sorts of old stuff and would be interested in buying it from you. Let me know!

Comment

Some years ago I had a chance to try some whiskey (just "whiskey") from bottles recovered from a nineteenth-century shipwreck in Lake Erie. It was rough, I have to say. Not sure whether it started out as rot-gut, but that's where it ended up.

Comment

Wasn't there some wine recovered from Thomas Jefferson's cellar or some other famous place a number of years ago that much was made of, but it turned out to be of inferior quality?

Comment

I have a bottle of Belle of Lincoln Jack Daniels I got from a friend for a Christmas gift. Well, it is no longer unopened. I was very happy to say it had been stored properly (the cork is still good believe it or not) and is fantastic stuff. Hard to find (I think he was paying me back for a KGB service watch I had restored and gave him the year before for Christmas), and unique. I love my whisky, and whiskey. The more I drink the better I cook, but the worse I spell. funny huh?

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Right with ya' there, Tex!

That's a pretty cool find. I have to say that I'd be with the guy that suggested keeping it for the historical perspective. Not many people can say they have a 100 year old bottle of booze from their grandfather.

Comment

From the picture it appears to have been distilled in 1916 and bottled under a special license during Prohabition in 1921, thus the medicinal purposes only statement. I've never heard of the distillery before so I've no clue what it's value might be. I would recommend calling Delilah's in Chicago. It's a Punk Rock bar on Lincoln Ave, but is a true whiskey bar, well over 500 "flavors" and a very knowledgeable owner and bartenders. They open at 4:00 PM (773) 472-2771. Other than maybe an auction house, I would say they are probably your best bet for information/value on the bottle.

Comment

• Spinaker
              Spinaker commented
              Editing a comment
              Welcome to the Pit!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here