Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Knob Creek vs. Maker's 46

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Jim Beam Single Barrel is quite tasty, jus' finished a fifth I was gifted fer Christmas... liked it jus' fine!

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Mmmmm, Blanton's!!! Yum!
    Currently Knob Creek, have to make a special trip across town to git Buffalo Trace, (hopefully)...
    Sláinte!

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Steve Vojtek is American bourbon where you live held in a similar regard as Scotch is here in the states- meaning largely more expensive than domestic whiskey and held by some as superior because of that fact?

• nickgutnick
    commented on 's reply
    Agree 100%. Any BT product. Eagle Rare is my favorite. Currently enjoying a Blantons over smoked ice. Very good.

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    ecowper Huskee I fully agree; Buffalo Trace quite handily trumps both listed in my poll.
    Jus' wondered what folks thought about these two, head t' head.

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    If I'm grabbing bourbon at the store, I am most likely to get Woodford or Buffalo Trace. If neither of those, then Knob Creek.

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    I don't drink my Scotch at cask strength, personally ..... If you have an opportunity, give Lagavulin 16 year old a whirl. You might change your mind about Scotch ;-)

• KevinG
    replied
    Knob Creek is great stuff, I do like what they did with Makers 46 though. I have started drinking more Eagle Rare lately. One of my army buddies recently gave me a bottle of JimBeam Single Barrel reserve, that he picked up at a class 6 store in Germany...I really liked that as well.

Leave a comment:

• Danjohnston949
    replied
    Mr. Bones, You seem pretty well versed on this Subject Considering Kansas's "DRY" Statuses? ❓❓😇❓❓
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Leave a comment:

• Steve Vojtek
    commented on 's reply
    That's no1 from my list. I'll get it and vote asap... Thank You..

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    shush the late great Pit member Steve Markley "smarkley" turned me on to Buffalo Trace with his high praise, and he was the whiskey guru of whiskey gurus, always posting a bottle I'd never heard of or seen. He said all things considered BT was in his opinion "the best bourbon on the planet". Eagle Rare is essentially the single barrel 10yr version of Buffalo Trace (7 yr).

• shush
    commented on 's reply
    Buffalo Trace is the distiller now for Pappy Van Winkle. I presume they do a good job. I may have to head over to the ABC store (in VA, we can only buy distilled spirits at a Gov't store) and pick up a bottle.

• Huskee
    replied
    I was always a bigger Maker's 46 fan than Knob. Recently I've acquired a taste more toward Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare, with ER being my current favorite of the affordable whiskies.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Steve Vojtek
    Knob Creek.
    Kentucky Straight Bourbon.
    Small Batch.
    100 Proof.
    This One.
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• shush
    replied
    I have tried 3 different Maker's products, 3 different Jack Daniels products, some Pappy, and a few others in my time. The Pappy Van Winkle 15 was the absolute smoothest. Of the remaining Whisky/Bourbon on the list (you know, the stuff ppl can find and afford), My favorite is Maker's Mark Cask Strength (113 proof). It has just enough fire at the end to make you happy you chose bourbon instead of rum. =) I have never been a scotch guy, but I hear that at 113 proof, this is getting close.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here