Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Gin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Gin?

My wife & I are huge Tom Collins fans. I've tried a few gins from the supermarkets, and keep going back to Beefeater. I'm sure that gin connoisseurs (snobs) will say that's a terrible gin, that it's the Budweiser of gins (I've heard that said before) but for me it works. A splash of Beefeater in a rocks glass 1/3 full, Tom Collins mix (I'm lazy and don't fee like keeping fresh limes/lemons all the time) to 2/3, and top it off with club soda to 3/4. Mmmm....great summertime citrusy, piney, cocktail.
    Last edited by Huskee; July 11, 2014, 08:55 PM.

'Tis the season for G&Ts.

Comment

I have a preference for Bombay Sapphire, and won't even consider drinking Tanqueray....Beefeater is a good choice and a lot easier to find than the Bombay

Comment

I'm a fan of Bombay Sapphire and whatever they're giving away for free on the plane

Comment

I didn't know they still gave away booze on planes. I'm not a flyer so I'm ignorant to that part of civilized life.

Comment

Tanqueray has always been my go to gin.

Comment

Crown Royal

sorry, I know that wrong

Comment

• smarkley
                smarkley commented
                Editing a comment
                I am with ya Jon... I had a bad experience with gin when I way 18, to this day I just can't choke it down.

Originally posted by Aaron 'Huskee' Lyons View Post
              I didn't know they still gave away booze on planes. I'm not a flyer so I'm ignorant to that part of civilized life.

So they don't give it away often, but they do give frequent flyers upgrades to first class, where the DO give it away!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                Crown Royal

sorry, I know that wrong

Crown Royal makes Gin? That does seem wrong.

Comment

I prefer Plymouth, a little pricey but good. If you like the juniper flavor, try a John Collins with the little known Genever, Bols is a good budget brand to try it out with.

Comment

Botonist http://www.bruichladdich.com/whisky-...-islay-dry-gin
                    Bookers http://www.brokersgin.com
                    victoria Gin http://www.victoriaspirits.com/our-gin/

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                      I prefer Plymouth, a little pricey but good. If you like the juniper flavor, try a John Collins with the little known Genever, Bols is a good budget brand to try it out with.
                      I thought a John Collins was whiskey instead of gin?

Comment

• _John_
                        _John_ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Genever was the original Collins from what I can find, but as tastes changed the John Collins did indeed come to mean Bourbon.

New Amsterdam. Cheap but tasty.

Comment

Hendricks is a great one on a hot summer day. Cucumber notes adds to the crispness

Comment

• 3DJ
                          3DJ commented
                          Editing a comment
                          YES! So glad someone else mentioned this. I'm a scotch fan and I love Hendricks. It's made in Scotland. I also really like Caroun. Another Scottish gin. These two are my favorites, before them I enjoyed Bombay sapphire and tanquery as well even though they are opposites.

Hendricks is SMOOTH!

I like the Bombay Sapphire too. And Anchor makes a Genever, Genevieve. Of course, here in PA, with the state monopoly on liquor sales, you have to order it online. (We would never drive over to Delaware to the liquor superstore)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here