Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Gin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bombay Sapphire for Martinis and Tanqueray Rangpur for gin and tonic. If I don't feel like spending that much, New Amsterdam works.

Comment

Hendrick's Gin has an outstanding is herbal flavor. You can taste the juniper berries. A treat for the senses.

Comment

Can't stand Tangueray. So for me on a budget its Burnett's or when I want to spoil myself its Bombay!

Comment

I prefer Hendricks. Very refined, excellent gin. And I'm not saying that because of it's name
          Tanqueray is good, so is Plymouth, but Hendricks is at the top of my list. I like the old school apothecary look of the bottle also. Good medicine

Comment

I'll jump on the Hendricks bandwagon! I'm usually a premium vodka guy for my martinis and Hendricks is the first gin to really knock my socks off in a loooong time.

Comment

Old Raj is great, saffron infused with lots of other spices and is 55% so it takes the edge off quick. http://medicinalmixology.com/cadenheads-old-raj-gin/

Comment

Bombay is my first choice, free is my second. Must be mixed with Schweppes tonic and a lime
                Last edited by cderickson; November 14, 2014, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Bombay Sapphire for me. I love it.

Comment

Well, at the several suggestions for Hendrick's Gin, I bought some today and am enjoying it on the rocks with 3 slices of cucumber. Wow is it good! Delicate and smooth.

I never used to like gin because it tasted like perfume (assuming I were to drink perfume that is). I like Tanqueray Rangpur with lime and tonic. But on the rocks? With cucumber garnish? This Hendrick's has it beat hands down.

Thanks, Steve, Henrick, Flyaway and Jlock for the great suggestion!

Kathryn

Comment

Swordsman....Hendrick's is nice, but I prefer a more traditional London style myself (not that I drink gin that often).

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
                        I didn't know they still gave away booze on planes. I'm not a flyer so I'm ignorant to that part of civilized life.
                        If your a large American, like myself, you are incredibly uncomfortable on planes. If they have a crew with any heart or sympathy, they feel bad for me and always give me a few extra nippers from the bottom drawer of the beverage cart.

(but......keep it on the DL)

Comment

Bombay Sapphire is really something special at a very nice price point.

Comment

I though Tanqueray was weak, not my fav in a Collins. I do really like New Amsterdam, especially its price.

Comment

High end, I'll buy Boodles if I want to bring to a party to share. It's about a couple dollars less than the Bombay Sapphire. But at home I drink gin and tonic, so I'll buy cheap. My best cheap gin I like is U.S. made called Bay Street.

Comment

• bardsleyque
                                bardsleyque commented
                                Editing a comment
                                +1 on Boodles!!!

Put me in the Bombay Sapphire column. In my previous life as the Pres of The Beverage Testing Institute we tasted more than 100 for the World Spirits Championships and they came out on top.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here