Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Gin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I switch between Gordon's and Tanqueray with Beefeater tossed in the mix.
    Gordon's also makes a mighty tasty lemon Gin, mixed with pink lemonade it can be trouble.
    I don't buy infused Gins, if I'm drinking a G&T I don't want to taste hints of horse hair and gear lube, I want Gin only.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      I know right? All this name dropping of craft gins. It's freaking grain alcohol people with a little wisp of flavoring. I've got a bathtub up stairs I'm thinking about making my own in. Maybe I'll post a naming poll for Troutman's Gin !!!!

I mean anything derived from grain can be compared to grain alcohol in its origin. Gin is actually derived from jenever/genever which is made in Amsterdam/Belgium. All of the stuff it that comes after is just flavor profile.

Comment

Kirkland gin is excellent and probably probably Gordon's or Tanqueray.

Costco is incredibly popular for a reason, and the store brand products, Kirkland Signature, have something to do with it, especially in the booze aisle. Kirkland Signature London Dry Gin has earned an 89 score from Tastings for its "crisp, dry light body" and "effortless" finish. But who makes it?

Comment

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        I think we can be friends Troutman

Huge fan of Plymouth. Especially in martinis. As a mixer, I often reach for Beefeater.

Comment

I tend to keep Plymouth and Tanqueray around. I never really made a distinction between my favorite for martinis, mixes or with tonics. It all works for me.

I do like Tanqueray Rangpur in the summertime when I usually drink more tonics and Tom Collins.

Comment

Edinburgh Gin - https://www.edinburghgin.com. Had it when we visited Scotland a few years back. Looked for it all over the place and couldn't find it. My son was a member of a "booze by mail" club and was able to order some. One day on my way home from Colorado, I stopped in a liquor store in Cheyenne, WY and there it was. I now stop there every time I go through Cheyenne! I love the Christmas blend!
          Last edited by Dr ROK; October 6, 2021, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Rieger's out of KC is pretty tasty. Tom Nichol of Tanqueray fame had a hand in developing this gin.

Midwestern Dry Gin is inspired by the traditional London Dry Gins that famously emphasize the spicy and aromatic character of mature Juniper berries. By selecting only the finest botanicals from around the world, the result is bold, full-flavored Gin with layers of aroma and a complexity of flavor that makes it perfect for sipping on the rocks or ideal for classic cocktails.

Comment

Our usual go-to is Bombay Sapphire. But our favorite comes from a local distillery called Oakhurst Spirits in Oakhurst, CA, just south of Yosemite. Among the botanicals they use are wild juniper berries from Yosemite National Park. Apparently you're allowed to take a small quantity out of the park, and it doesn't take much for a batch of gin. The gin is excellent, as are all their spirits.

Comment

I generally pick up whatever is in my eye line when picking up "essentials."
                Vermouth OTOH…Noilly Prat hands down. Even if they are owned by Martini & Rossi.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here