Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Gin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emil.glatz
    replied
    Beefeater

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Favorite Gin.

Leave a comment:

• Meathead
    replied
    Put me in the Bombay Sapphire column. In my previous life as the Pres of The Beverage Testing Institute we tasted more than 100 for the World Spirits Championships and they came out on top.

Leave a comment:

• DJ DeSpain
    replied
    High end, I'll buy Boodles if I want to bring to a party to share. It's about a couple dollars less than the Bombay Sapphire. But at home I drink gin and tonic, so I'll buy cheap. My best cheap gin I like is U.S. made called Bay Street.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    I though Tanqueray was weak, not my fav in a Collins. I do really like New Amsterdam, especially its price.

Leave a comment:

• CeramicChef
    replied
    Bombay Sapphire is really something special at a very nice price point.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Huskee View Post
    I didn't know they still gave away booze on planes. I'm not a flyer so I'm ignorant to that part of civilized life.
    If your a large American, like myself, you are incredibly uncomfortable on planes. If they have a crew with any heart or sympathy, they feel bad for me and always give me a few extra nippers from the bottom drawer of the beverage cart.

(but......keep it on the DL)

Leave a comment:

• Beefchop
    replied
    Swordsman....Hendrick's is nice, but I prefer a more traditional London style myself (not that I drink gin that often).

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Well, at the several suggestions for Hendrick's Gin, I bought some today and am enjoying it on the rocks with 3 slices of cucumber. Wow is it good! Delicate and smooth.

I never used to like gin because it tasted like perfume (assuming I were to drink perfume that is). I like Tanqueray Rangpur with lime and tonic. But on the rocks? With cucumber garnish? This Hendrick's has it beat hands down.

Thanks, Steve, Henrick, Flyaway and Jlock for the great suggestion!

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• smarkley
    commented on 's reply
    I am with ya Jon... I had a bad experience with gin when I way 18, to this day I just can't choke it down.

• Dewesq55
    replied
    Bombay Sapphire for me. I love it.

Leave a comment:

• cderickson
    replied
    Bombay is my first choice, free is my second. Must be mixed with Schweppes tonic and a lime
    Last edited by cderickson; November 14, 2014, 02:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bbqoaf
    replied
    Old Raj is great, saffron infused with lots of other spices and is 55% so it takes the edge off quick. http://medicinalmixology.com/cadenheads-old-raj-gin/

Leave a comment:

• 3DJ
    commented on 's reply
    YES! So glad someone else mentioned this. I'm a scotch fan and I love Hendricks. It's made in Scotland. I also really like Caroun. Another Scottish gin. These two are my favorites, before them I enjoyed Bombay sapphire and tanquery as well even though they are opposites.

Hendricks is SMOOTH!

• Steve Navarre
    replied
    I'll jump on the Hendricks bandwagon! I'm usually a premium vodka guy for my martinis and Hendricks is the first gin to really knock my socks off in a loooong time.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here