Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look what I found!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look what I found!

Suntory Hibiki .... The finest blended whisky outside of Scotland.

Wife told me I'm not allowed to go to the store by myself anymore.
    Attached Files

Congrats! I've had some of that Suntory before and it is remarkably smooth. ENJOY!

Comment

I am looking forward to it. Probably on Monday with a cigar.

Comment

ecowper - I see your Hibiki and raise you one Hibiki... LOL

https://dekanta.com/store/hibiki-35-...tIsxoC4inw_wcB

(and it's on sale)
        Last edited by RonB; July 1, 2016, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Ummm, not spending $3K on whisky

Comment

• RonB
            RonB commented
            Editing a comment
            Check the price again - the sale price is $19K

And I wouldn't spend $3K either.

• ecowper
            ecowper commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh hell, I just saw the $3K bottle

I seen an Instagram post of a Macellan 65year(!), it was $35K they said. I don't care if I was a millionaire, that's just ridiculous.

Enjoy the Hibiki! Ive never had good Japanese whisky but I've heard great things. I heard one of their prized whisky makers trained in Scotland and therefore really knows his/her stuff.

Me, I've been going backward on the class scale and getting into hillbilly moonshine. I think it's really good!

Comment

• ecowper
            ecowper commented
            Editing a comment
            I like good 'shine

• Breadhead
            Breadhead commented
            Editing a comment
            If I was rich and it was case of Whiskey or a Farrari... I'd buy the car.😆 If I was filthy rich I buy them both.😆
            Last edited by Breadhead; August 3, 2016, 10:51 AM.

• billg71
            billg71 commented
            Editing a comment
            Guest, you ain't gonna that Ferrari you posted in the "Lust" thread for a case of whiskey at $65K/bottle. Or even twice that.

I feel your pain brother! Actually, I'd settle for the previous version of the Ford GT, I was well on my way to buying one when the bottom fell out in 2007.

Huskee no way is that Macallan 100 times better than the $200 Bruichladdich I have.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Man, I ration out my Maker's Mark! Lol.

• ecowper
            ecowper commented
            Editing a comment
            My wife buys me one high end bottle of whisky every year. I make it last until she buys the next.

• Dewesq55
            Dewesq55 commented
            Editing a comment
            I was given a bottle of George T. Stagg for my 60th birthday. I am now 4 months past my 61st and still have a couple of inches left in that bottle of Stagg.

A friend of mine gave me 2 50ml bottles her brother brought back from Japan. Haven't tried them yet.

Comment

Wow! Jealous!

Comment

There is a renowned Sushi restaurant by my place that has one of the largest private US collections of Hibiki. It really is impressive.

Last edited by Spinaker; August 3, 2016, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here