Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moonshine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Where I come from, moonshine is what ya do when yer not smokin'...
    Same guy usedta build alla th' hot rod motors fer th' shine runners, an' th' local cops. Who wants to go fa$test?
    Cash crop, there, in Mizzurruhh...
    Hypothetically, mighta had a sip (or two)

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    True dat!

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Mr. Bones Ole Smokey is REALLY good! Sweet and very pie-like. Sneaks up on you like it's supposed to. "Midnight Moon" which has a very similar looking label is stronger, alcoholier, not as good, purely IMO of course. I've only had those 2 apple pies though.

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    How was dat, Huskee?

• kmhfive
    replied
    Yes, I've had real 'shine. If done right it beats anything. Done wrong and it burns like the dickens.

Leave a comment:

• nickgutnick
    replied
    Only tasted the not so legal stuff. The only tasting notes I had where something along the lines of tasting better turpentine. Terrible stuff. Maybe a couple months in my mini bourbon barrel would smooth it out.

Leave a comment:

• Beefchop
    commented on 's reply
    LOL. You can get a permit without much trouble from the feds to produce fuel (ethanol). Just store your "fuel" next to your 5.56 ammo and the revenue officers will just think you're a crazy prepper!

• BriggsBBQ
    commented on 's reply
    Beefchop notice that if you buy from one of those retailers that they do put on you a list with the government. When I get a distilling setup I am going homemade. Probably convert a stainless keg.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Beefchop "liquor distilling equipment". It's all in the wording.

• Beefchop
    commented on 's reply
    That's not quite true. You can own the equipment to make fuel or to distill water, oils, etc. It's illegal to use the equipment to make liquor. Adventures in Homebrewing in MI sells the equipment. http://www.homebrewing.org/Home-Dist...ent_c_264.html

• boftx
    commented on 's reply
    Well, every state that has legal pot (for any reason) is doing exactly that. They are telling the feds to go engage in an activity that is probably anatomically impossible.

• Iron Bulldog
    replied
    21 yrs. old and bulletproof compared to 51 yrs. old and MUCH wiser.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    #jealous Bet that 180 proof's gotta be fierce! The commercial stuff is dumbed down for the avg Joe like me.

• Iron Bulldog
    replied
    Huskee you have had the pleasure of trying the commercial stuff. Sounds good but I was less fortunate at the time. #straightoffthestill!

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    My description of Tim Smith's Climax Moonshine (his dad's recipe, and the same he brewed on the show [supposedly] )

Mouthfeel: it's thick & sweet with a burn you'd expect but it doesn't overpower IMO. Not at all how I pictured it.
    Flavor: kettle corn in a bottle. Yum!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here