Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whiskey for sipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whiskey for sipping

BROKeR's is one great sipping whiskey from the bottom shelf.
    I like three fingers, neat, and coffee back.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	5 Size:	198.5 KB ID:	1412207

Never herduvvit nor seen it. The Googles aren't telling me much about it neither.

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      9-10 dollars a 750 ML
      It is blended whiskey.
      I first tried it at a BBQ. It is their well whiskey.
      Really good for the price.

Ever heard of this either but hey why not, some bottom shelf picks can be better than top shelters.
    Then again some should be used to wash the shelf off....

Comment

That looks like the stuff that would make you go blind just from smelling it.

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Can you say PBR.

I'm in the same boat as Huskee but have a recommendation for your bottom shelf.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tUpBNyg.png
Views:	196
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	1412545

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Huskee I only have 2 shelves.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Attjack I guess I haven't thought about it until now, but I'd say I have 3.
        Bottom is stuff I want to try, or looked good, or was cheap and I heard a recommendation for,
        Middle is my daily drinkers (Buffalo Trace, Wild Turkey 101 Rye, Templeton, etc)
        Top is my pricier or hard to find favorites like EH Taylor, Blanton's, or Rare Breed Rye,

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Huskee That's an interesting way to organize it. I've always considered the terms to solely be a reflection of cost. In reality, on my physical 2 shelves, whiskies all sit on the top shelf where all the primary spirits tend to sit. Rum, cognac, whisky, tequila, gin. Liqueurs tend to be on the lower shelf. But there are exceptions often due to the height of the bottle.

Why?
      You like what you like but there is so much good to great budget whiskey out there, why would anyone subject themselves to this?

Off the top of my head, Evan William's BiB, Evan William's Black Label, Old Grandad BiB Wild Turkey 101, Evan William's 1783, Ancient Age 10 Star, McKenna, etc..

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Out of his list get the Wild Turkey first it is excellent but not the cheapest on the list. Both the bourbon and rye are good especially the latter.

• Skinsfan1311
        Skinsfan1311 commented
        Editing a comment
        bbqLuv No, they cost more than $10, but most of the Evan Williams that I mentioned are <$20.00 and none of them are over $30.00. The Black Label & Ancient Age are ~ $11.00. Benchmark is supposed to be a good, dirt-cheap whiskey, but I've never had it. Same deal w/Kentucky Gentleman & Early Times. They're all made by distilleries that have been making great whiskey for generations and there's a reason that they've been around so long. Hope this helps!

• Alan Brice
        Alan Brice commented
        Editing a comment
        All great sippers. WT101 was my go to . but at $45 a handle, a friend turned me on to BenchMark..$25 n change n recently came out with a full proof checking in at 125pf nice

Another bottom shelfer that is really great for its money is Benchmark. If you can find it it's worth it. I want to say it was 11 or 12 dollars for a fifth. And it's made by Buffalo Trace. It's just aged in the less desirable areas of the rickhouses, hence the budget price.

Comment

Come on! Add this to the bourbon thread!!!!

and if we are talking bourbons less than $20 I don’t know if I’d give this BROkeRs a try. Cheapest bottle Iv’e picked up is Trader Joe’s bottle at $15. Haven’t tried it yet though.

cheapest I’ve purchased and tried is this though…and it’s actually decent. Not something I’d drink everyday..but. It’s ok. I’ll have to give EWBIB a try…it’s on my list.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F6743424-30F4-40E0-9DE3-B5EE16E1DD2B.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	1412737

Comment

• Skinsfan1311
          Skinsfan1311 commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought about adding this to this thread, but MC ain't no mellow sipper, that's for sure. It is an excellent corn whiskey that is chock-full of that oily corn-forward goodness that I really enjoy. It's our "freezer" whiskey. We've found the best way to enjoy MC, is to keep it in the freezer and serve it "teeth cracking" cold. It's also a sturdy base for mixers and is pretty good, as a change of pace, in an Old Fashioned. It certainly doesn't hurt that it's cheap

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here