Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easter pours. What are you drinking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easter pours. What are you drinking?

I had a well-earned cocktail, (equal parts lemon simple syrup & Yellowstone bourbon, with a dash of bitters & a Luxardo cherry.

After that, some JDSBBP.

I couldn't let that huge ice cube go to waste.πŸ˜‰

So...what did you pour on this fine Easter Sunday?
    ​
    Attached Files

I'm at my son's and he pulled this out. Never had, real nice. Smooth and great taste.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230409_185803.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	1404127

Comment

There was a little bit of that ice cube left.
      Waste not, want not
      Attached Files

Comment

She was a dry one for me, I had to go get my mother then drive her back home so didn't imbibe today.

Comment

There's a clear winner, by far, in your first pics (IMO) Skinsfan1311!

Comment

Just a bottle of water for me today unfortunately. I have cut my consumption of adult beverages to the minimum. Long story. Oh I still have a taste occasionally. But very rarely now. Anyway, cheers in spirit! 😊

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
              There's a clear winner, by far, in your first pics (IMO) Skinsfan1311!
              JDSBBP for the win?

Comment

• Alan Brice
                Alan Brice commented
                Editing a comment
                Did I read that right? 132proof?!?! Thanks for the heads up.

• Skinsfan1311
                Skinsfan1311 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, you read that right. They're single barrels, so the ABV ranges between 120-140-proof. I rarely drink whiskey with ice, or a splash, until it exceeds 115 proof. I drink it over a large ice cube. As the ice melts, the flavors evolve & the whiskey sings. Everything is great, the nose, on the palate, the finish. It's one of my favorites.

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Worthy of note to anyone reading this, The Single Barrel Barrel-Proof Jack Daniel's is absolutely far and away nothing like regular Jack Daniel's. It's a completely different animal entirely. It's fantastic. If you don't like Jack and therefore have no interest in this, please give it a try you won't be disappointed.

Going old school with Ancient Ancient Age 10 Star and some Old Grandad bonded.

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Great stuff! I love how there's so many inexpensive bourbons that are really great.

Name:	20230410_164746.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	1404339 Today there will be a handcrafted beer and a shot (or four) of aquavit to the dinner..
              Last edited by Elton's BBQ; April 10, 2023, 09:18 AM. Reason: Added pic

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	B9014594-0651-47A9-823C-714FB06E9623.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.91 MB ID:	1404331 Cracked the seal on two fav. Larceny n Blanton’s to share with family.
              Also made two casseroles. One was a standard sausage n chee variety. (SIL would not allow onions or peppers of any sort). Then I made skipsdaughter Carmel apple French toast.
              Only just made it as a casserole. Both were a hit. Nice day yesterday. Also finished the install on a new gas cooktop over Corian Saturday, I have been sweating. Very nice Sunday!🐰🐣 My apologies, no casserole pics. Absolutely not a min to spare.
              Last edited by Alan Brice; April 10, 2023, 08:59 AM.

Comment

• Bkhuna
                Bkhuna commented
                Editing a comment
                Time and temp on the bourbon please.

For me, The Masters is the start of spring and I always have my first Gin & Tonic of the season watching the tournament.

Comment

Name:	76718A39-8DAD-4DCB-AF29-B1D6E35A92C3.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	1404372 It really happened, honest.

Comment

Yesterday we had the traditional family Easter Drink, the Fuzzy Chuck. For those that are wondering it is a Mimosa on crack.

Fuzzy Chuck

4 cups Pulp Free Orange Juice
                  2 cups Vodka
                  1 cup Peach Schnapps
                  1 750ml bottle of champagne

Mix Orange Juice, Vodka, and schnapps together, when ready to serve pour in bottle of champagne.

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	1404411

Comment

• Alan Brice
                    Alan Brice commented
                    Editing a comment
                    on second thought. NM

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here