Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blanton’s bottle toppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need something similar here that spells out Meathead. Custom toppers for his Rubs/Sauces. I'm envisioning pewter Cows/Pigs/Chickens. Send them to the Amazing Ribs corporate headquarters and get them mounted on a cutting board.

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      😂 Meathead

• Meathead
      Meathead commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL. I'll have a smelter installed in my basement ASAP.

I’m not a bourbon drinker (beer) and have never heard about this. A co-worker TODAY talked about collecting these tops and then I saw this post. Crazy!!!

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      barelfly Thanks. And that's an excellent mileage, it's sure to last many many years. Mine was bought in 2019 (it's a '16) with 47K miles, and I just hit 80K. I may have her paid off this summer. I intend to drive it as long as possible. My Impala I drove for 14yrs, 9 of which were paid off. I hope to do similar with my truck, it'll have far less miles than my car did at the same point.

• Alan Brice
      Alan Brice commented
      Editing a comment
      barelfly watch the under carriage. Serious ruster,

• Alan Brice
      Alan Brice commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee I have seen used "tacos" go for as much as a base priced new. (30k)
      very sought after veh. With 30-40 thousand miles on them! I don't understand it.

Well…..after some hunting and gracious people helping me out….I received my Blanton’s Stoppers mounted on a barrel stave. This thing is so cool! I sent off the stoppers less than two weeks ago, on a Monday and already got this back mounted up. Pretty cool! It’s a varnished stave with the Buffalo Trace Distillery name plate on it. Very nicely done!

if you are hunting these, you can purchase this I believe on the website, but it’s pretty cool to know your bottle stoppers are on this!

Click image for larger version

Name:	CE2D6EE0-B337-4D43-B574-DECC77775E56.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	1403338

Name:	EBAFFF8E-19E0-436D-A094-2269DFB3C813.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	254.3 KB
ID:	1403339

Name:	7E9E261C-DD52-436B-BC19-5213282169C5.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	1403340

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey I think one of mine is on there! Congrats. I can't wait until I get mine, still waiting on something....something...what was it now...?

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep! Huskee! And I think that’s one of the cool things…having some ties to others on this! Now about that waiting on something 🤦🏼‍♂️

Well, I have all the letters now, thank you barelfly and JCBBQ and Alan Brice (if I forgot someone, sorry) but I didn't realize until I was ready to pack them up and ship them out to Buffalo Trace that my B is an unused topper. My sons grabbed a couple when we toured Buffalo Trace (they let you grab one at the Blanton's bottling shop when you tour), and Buffalo Trace states they must all be used to get them mounted for free.

So, I am soaking my topper in a glass of whiskey, Lol. Gotta make it look used. Not sure how long this will take to make it appear like it came form a bottle with that brown stain and ring.

In the picture you can see what a new (left) and used (right) topper cork looks like. The one I'm soaking in bourbon has been in it for about 6hrs and still looks unused when I pull it out. Sigh......

Any advice to 'age' the topper quicker?? And no, buying another bottle of Blanton's is out of the question, see below...

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230426_173327.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.34 MB ID:	1411742

This pic shows what my local liquor store is charging for the Buffalo Trace lineup, with a couple others beside them. I love their stuff, but not that much. Taylor is $45 at their gift shop and Blanton's is $70 now, but look at this stupid markup. The guys tells me he just sold a Blanton's today, but he agreed with me it's for people with more money than brains, and they're out there. Also, on what planet is McKenna 10 worth $110? It's good, sure, but it's $30 good, not much above that IMO. Also the Wellers. Good lord people, Weller is not that great, especially not worth that absurd price. And this is coming from a Buffalo Trace fanboy.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230426_154921 (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	436.5 KB ID:	1411741

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m just learning this crazy prices that people will pay for the Buffalo trace family of bourbons. It’s mind boggling. I watched the bourbon auction this last week, and people were spending ridiculous amounts of money.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Richard Chrz It's absurd. It's a bottle of bourbon, I don't care how good or rare it is, it's still just bourbon.

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Dang…sorry Huskee - hopefully soon. My dad’s took about that time, so heres to a few weeks

Richard Chrz - that auction your friend held….he had tens of thousands of dollars (secondary market) on his hands with that selection. I was told the Weller Single Barrel bottle I won on lottery a few weeks back is a $1000 secondary market bottle. Boggles my mind like you!

Eagle Rare and Bakers is cheaper by you than me. I’ve kinda given up on premium bourbons. It’s gotten rediculous. 🤷‍♂️

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you send off your toppers?

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      barelfly No, didn’t get around to it. You?

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Never mind. Ha! Just scrolled up. Looks cool.

Hey all, I have an L that is sitting in a drawer - from a bottle I bought a few weeks ago - and then dropped when I got home

so, if I can help anyone complete or get closer to a set, please let me know. Happy to continue to pay this forward.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here