Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest purchase

Been looking forward to trying the 1792 Full Proof, without breaking the bank. That stuff has been a bitch to find and, when I've seen it, stupidly overpriced. One of our favorite LS had one left, for $46.00 ,😁.
    The Wilderness Trail is a pick, from the same store. They let me try it, and I couldn't put it in the cart fast enough!
    Attached Files

Great find. Based on my experience, I am certain you will enjoy the 1792.

Comment

As a Skins fan since the 50s, I gotta ask:

When ya gonna change your handle to CommandersFan I say runnin' and duckin'.

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        Back story - My Dad was in the Navy and stationed at the Pentagon in the mid '50s when we got our first tv. He became a Skins fan since there were no pro teams close to where he was raised. As a loyal Son, I also became a Skins fan. Been regretting it most years ever since...

• DTro
        DTro commented
        Editing a comment
        If only! #selltheteam

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        At least you aren't a Texans or Lions fan....Sigh

Originally posted by RonB View Post
      As a Skins fan since the 50s, I gotta ask:

When ya gonna change your handle to CommandersFan I say runnin' and duckin'.
      Not in this lifetime, unless they win a Super Bowl 😂

Comment

Originally posted by RustyHaines View Post
        Great find. Based on my experience, I am certain you will enjoy the 1792.
        You are correct!
        I put a tiny chip of ice in it.
        It's very, very good!
        Now I have to find the Bottled-in-Bond version.
        Mrs Skinsfan and I have had a soft spot in our hearts for Barton, ever since we popped into the distillery between tours, a few years ago.
        We didn't tour, just hung out in the tasting room, drank bourbon, and bought stuff. The staff is amazing and I can highly recommend a visit there, if you're in the area.
        Attached Files

Comment

Enjoy! 1792 is a great option that's often overlooked by enthusiasts. I had the great fortune to try their 12yr recently and it doesn't disappoint!

Comment

I've never tried the 1792 Full Proof or the Wilderness Trail. I'll keep a look out for them

Comment

Visiting family down in Va Beach. I visited my favorite ABC store, on the way down, and picked up the Uncle Nearest, (tried some on a recent vacation and really like it), and I never pass up OGD BiB, when it's on sale. We hit package store on base, for the rest of the haul. I didn't really need another bottle of KC but, it was on sale for $26.00, so I had to toss one in the cart.
              I'm enjoying a pour of the Calumet 14 year, as I type this.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Bkhuna
                Bkhuna commented
                Editing a comment
                If you get a chance, see if your state sells Evan Williams bottled in bond. Only sold in a few states outside of Kentucky but a worthy find. OGD BiB is rare where I live.

Bkhuna
              Agreed.
              EW BiB is available around here, (Baltimore metro area), and I buy it by the handle )
              The OGD BiB is pretty easy to find as well,(I bought it in Va, because I was out and it was on sale). Both are outstanding bargains and staples on our bar.
              Last edited by Skinsfan1311; March 19, 2022, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here