Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Bourbon, One Scotch and one Other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huskee
    replied
    I haven't read through the the great posts here to see if I'm repeating anything. What I personally would do to offer the perhaps quintessential midrange (more mass appeal hopefully) of each category, is:
    bourbon: Buffalo Trace or Elijah Craig
    Scotch: Glenmorangie (regular, the orange label)
    Other: Bumbu rum.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    Mr. Bones only weeds here are the ones growing in my yard.... we don't live in a state where the other kind of weed is a legal option...

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Baby Steps, like afore
    Some weed'll help, with both th nausea, an pain...

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    Mr. Bones she's doing pretty good, all things considered. She had so much nausea (and constipation) from the pain meds that she stopped taking them 3 days ago, and is only on Tylenol at this point. Pretty bad when the pain meds make your stomach hurt more than the leg that got a rod and three incisions (one of them over a foot long). We changed the dressing tonight and while it doesn't look GOOD by any stretch, nothing looks infected, which is the goal right now.

• Old Glory
    replied
    Bourbon - Woodford Reserve
    Scotch - Monkey Shoulder - Crowd pleaser. Good straight or mixed. Alternate Glinfiddich 12
    Other- Whistle Pig 6 year Rye

Leave a comment:

• gboss
    commented on 's reply
    Buddy Guy and Art Blakey were two early musical heros for me, probably because I got to see them both live at a young age. Still have Buddy’s autograph when I met him as a precocious 10(?) year-old.

Can’t go wrong with OG though.

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Th JLH first version was my Gateway, but this is th OG...
    JLH one my earliest an biggest Heroes...
    gboss

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    My first youthful introduction to some Good, Smooth Whiskey...way to easy to drink way too much of

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Jimbo, please, do try th Knob Creek Rye, as well...

How Mama's leg doin, today?

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Knob Creek Rye, an Geroge Dickel's 12 are constant go-to's, on my bar...

• Greygoose
    replied
    Crown Royal,,,,,
    blended Canadian whiskey,,,

Leave a comment:

• DogFaced PonySoldier
    commented on 's reply
    Totally 100% right. I love the spiciness of a good rye. Most bourbons are a little boring to me.

• jfmorris
    replied
    Since we are talking a 3rd in the whisky family, I would suggest a rye whisky of some sort. The only ones I've bought are Jack Daniel's Tennessee Rye or Single Barrel Rye, and Wild Turkey 101 Rye. If you are going with Scotch as an option, I wouldn't also go after an Irish whisky. Go domestic.

Rye imparts a spiciness to the whisky that you don't find in whisky made from other grains. I like it a lot, both for sipping and in drinks.
    Last edited by jfmorris; December 13, 2021, 03:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    In that case, I suggest Tennessee Whisky, or better yet, Rye whisky.

• DogFaced PonySoldier
    commented on 's reply
    Love me some Sazerac rye! Woodford Reserve rye is good, even Knob Creek rye, too. I actually like George Dickel's and it's cheap. Whistlepig is highly sought after, and while I found it good, it wasn't worth twice the price of the other good ones. Sazerac I buy several bottles at a time when I find a good price.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here