Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

each-state’s-"best"-whiskey-bottle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Each state’s "Best" whiskey bottle

Let the games begin….

American whiskey is everywhere these days. Here are the absolute best bottles to seek out when you’re traveling to each of the 50 states.

My state's offerings. I have tried neither.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen-Shot-2021-09-01-at-2.39.16-PM.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	1105029

Name:	Screen-Shot-2021-10-02-at-7.10.33-PM.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	1105030

Comment

Best whiskey bottle, or best bottle of whiskey? (not that I have an answer either way...)

Comment

Woodinville Whiskey Co's rye whiskey is one of my favorite, regardless of what state.

Comment

• bbqLuv
          bbqLuv commented
          Editing a comment
          Rye whiskey, rye whiskey, rye whiskey I cry
          If a tree don't fall on me, I'll live till I die

Sometimes I drink whiskey, sometimes I drink rum
          Sometimes I drink brandy, at other times none
          But if I get boozey, my whiskey's my own
          And them that don't like me, can leave me alone

• Old Glory
          Old Glory commented
          Editing a comment
          My buddy in Seattle raves about that

Bourbon distilled in any other place besides Bourbon County Kentucky is not real Bourbon. IMHO.
        Any sour mesh whiskey other than Old Crow is just a knock-off of the original sour mesh Old Crow. IMHO
        Both pair well PBR.

Last edited by bbqLuv; October 4, 2021, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• Draznnl
          Draznnl commented
          Editing a comment
          In other words, "Get off my lawn!"

• mrteddyprincess
          mrteddyprincess commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm from Northern KY (Indiana) and the best Bourbon in Indiana is from Bourbon County, KY.

You guys missed it all, "Free"
        My $02
        Yup, Tmaan said dat
        Enjoy your day!!!

Comment

Here in the "Land of Pleasant Living", Sagamore Rye is our state's best whiskey.

I don't care for their bourbon, but the cask-strength rye is fantastic.

As far as "best" looking bottles? These are my two favorites. I'm going to use the etched Woodinville bottle as a decanter, when it's done. The Jack Daniel's bottle is an instant classic..
          Attached Files

Comment

Name:	Image 10-6-21 at 7.30 AM.jpeg
Views:	106
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	1105797

Nor'Easter Bourbon "” named for these legendary storms that have battered New England "” is made from a mash of 60% corn, 35% barley and 5% rye. After distillation, the bourbon is aged for 8 years and 88 days in 53-gallon, charred American oak barrels sourced from the Buffalo Trace Distillery in Kentucky. "Our climate and geography have a real noticeable impact on the taste of the bourbon," says Harman. The distillery's proximity to the ocean and marine haze (Nantucket is nicknamed "The Grey Lady") add a touch of salt to the bourbon. The hints of salt are complimented by notes of mild vanilla, sweet corn and a touch of honey, which precede a medium-long, smooth finish. After its more than eight year beauty rest, Master Distiller Randy Hudson brings the bourbon to 88.8 proof ("this is The Triple 8 Distillery after all,"he says) before filling each painted-glass bottle by hand.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here