Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest haul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest haul

I've never seen a JD Single Barrel Barrel Proof store pick before. It's one my of favorite barrel proofers and the owner let me try it. It's really, really, good. I'm telling you, that this one flies under the radar and is a good bang for the buck ~$69.00. I hope that it stays that way!
    Attached Files

That is a great pick up. Around 5 or 6 years ago I first started seeing it at my local liquor store for $39.99, looked at some reviews and decided to try it. Bought it for a July 4th cookout and it was fantastic at 133 proof no need for added water. Unfortunately it became popular and sought after. I went shopping for Christmas Eve that same year and went to buy a couple of bottles which was limited to 1 per person. The owner sold out of his store picks shortly after and has been waiting since to pick another barrel. I'm not sure what the cost will be but I'm sure he won't sell them for $39.99.

Comment

JD SBBP, both bourbon & rye, are outstanding, and IMO the rye is better. Great find! VERY rare in my neck of the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskeyman53 View Post
        That is a great pick up. Around 5 or 6 years ago I first started seeing it at my local liquor store for $39.99, looked at some reviews and decided to try it. Bought it for a July 4th cookout and it was fantastic at 133 proof no need for added water. Unfortunately it became popular and sought after. I went shopping for Christmas Eve that same year and went to buy a couple of bottles which was limited to 1 per person. The owner sold out of his store picks shortly after and has been waiting since to pick another barrel. I'm not sure what the cost will be but I'm sure he won't sell them for $39.99.
        I'm sure that he won't 😂

I've been buying it for years, and have never seen it for that low of a price. It's readily available in the Baltimore Metro area, with prices ranging from $66-$79 and I've never seen it allocated. I guess it depends on where you live.

if you want a very good barrel proofer, that's reasonably priced, I suggest Old Grandad 114, or Wild Turkey Rare Breed.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
          JD SBBP, both bourbon & rye, are outstanding, and IMO the rye is better. Great find! VERY rare in my neck of the woods.
          I've never tried the rye, but will pick one up if I see it. The whiskey is readily available around here, (Baltimore metro area), but I've never seen, the rye. As a certified rye whore, I'm definitely going to snag one.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here