Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Celebration!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celebration!

So Friday was my 63rd birthday - 2 reactions off the bat: damn I am old, when did that happen, and wow, I made it! My youth was such that it was in doubt several times. Anyway, I had to work, and on the way home I decided to treat myself to some bourbon. I went to a local liquor store and asked a couple of guys that worked there for recommendations, and they said well lets just taste some. They gave me several bourbons to taste that I hadn't had before (and they joined me in tasting, saying they wanted to help me celebrate), and I settled on these 2:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210730_195642.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	1070705
    The Rossville ran ~50 bucks, and it is pretty good. A little expensive for a daily drinker, but that kind of good. I liked it better than a couple of my favorites, Buffalo Trace and Four Roses Single Barrel. The Rebellion was insanely expensive (for me at least) around $140. But when I tasted it I was blown away. I immediately said give me one. Hell, this is my only 63rd birthday, right?

Happy Birthday!

Sounds like your local store is a keeper.

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Jim. I am going to start shopping there a lot more! I hadn't been in this store in awhile.

Happy Birthday! I was 63 one time. (Only 3 yrs ago). I'm like you on the Bourbon...all is good but some is better!

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      True dat!

Happy Birthday!

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks

Yeah it’s good, ya made it home from that store’

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      You are right! We had several samples, and the store is downtown Chattanooga, maybe 20 minutes from the house. I was kind of paranoid driving home.

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      But ossifer, I only had a few tastes!

From my perspective you are in the dyslexic age zone. How does it feel to be 36 again? Seventeen wasn’t the way I remembered it!

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      lol

Happy Birthday my man! Enjoy the hell out of that bourbon. Hope your 64th is even better. And yeah I agree, great liquor store, they let you sample..and even join in with you.

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I thought it was funny. And they weren't pouring stingy shots either.

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Oooh klflowers , now they weren’t tastes! Aha! Yesh honey, I wass onnlyy jussss tastin. A couple, few an I got these TWO bottles an I got a deal on em.

Happy Birthday! I have a milestone birthday right around the corner myself.

Sounds like you had a great day!

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, David. From that moment I left the office, the day was great.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Th Big 29 is always a Gran Soft Milestone, Aye!

Happy Birthday! It's important to get yourself a nice present on your birthday and it sounds like you did. It's also important to have a good local liquor store and it sounds like that one is a keeper.

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you sir. Amazing how your priorities change as you get older lol

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      @wisdom can be quite insidious, at times, an we'ns all been taught, I'd havedta reckon, that Hindsight is Always 20/20... klflowers

Focus yer view on th Horizon, an ignore th Rear View Mirror, as much as is Humanly (ptuii) Possible...

Havedta do th same dang danged thing, everyday, or I'd be societally non-functional...
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; August 1, 2021, 03:41 PM. Reason: ficksed me tag

Great self gift! Now, have some more fun with it and find a friend who claims not to be impressed by bourbon and pour him/her a finger of either and make a convert.

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a couple of guys in mind. But if I get them started we will need a second bottle lol

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bones, thank you. Working things out, be in touch soon.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Hope I'm on th List, fer th Second Bottle, if not; Let's Us Zoom Drink, lol! JK!

Either way, gots yer six covered; gimme holler, by whatever means...That, Right There, is what Brothers are for, dangit!!!

klflowers

Happy Birthday! Looks like some good sipping/drinking ahead.
    Last edited by Dewesq55; August 1, 2021, 09:48 PM. Reason: Stupid "Swypos".

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

Happy day!!! I have one coming up Friday.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      future?

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Panhead John Impendin also might fit...

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bones Impending is good, I usually hear that though with my name and the words… "court date" after it.

Happy Birthday you youngin'. Good to splurge on yourself. Never had these, sure they're top notch. Enjoy!

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Youngin... I have used that but haven't had it applied to me. Serious thanks lol

Happy Birthday! My 63rd was so long ago that I don't even remember it although I do remember what day it was on...

Comment

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. Yeah, things are getting kind of cloudy. Wait, that may be because of the bourbon...

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Cloudy is, sometimes, what Bourbon is Best at...

Jus don't crawl all up in th bottle, curl up, an wait to die, Brother, is my very bestest recommend...

Tried that once, multiple decades ago...;'Twas Decidely Not Purty...

Please, don't do dat, aight???!!!

klflowers
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; August 1, 2021, 02:59 PM. Reason: derhh

Happy birthday ya 'ol goat!!! Just hit 60 a couple of months ago myself so we are of similar vintage. Few things in this world are better than a good whiskey, especially on one's birthday, so here's an Irish toast to your special day "Tis better to spend money like there's no tomorrow than to spend tonight like there's no money!" You've earned it!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      I be's 60 in comin Feb...
      Retirement said I can draw full (Non age-penalized), after 06 MAR23...

I have been able to go fer over three years, jus don't wanna git screwed on my money, after 30+ yrs...

Yeah, Selfish, I know...sry

gotsta, Gotsta, GOTSTA, GOTSTA GO!!!!!

Nuff is Enuff....

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah Mr. Bones I had a little more to go to max out, but man, like old sour milk I just hit my expiration date and skedaddled. I never looked back and not one single regret. I can always make more money, but I'll be damned if I can make more time. Don't get me wrong, I got enough for the rest of the ride, but it's no more than I need and there'll be dang little to pick over when I'm gone!

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Cap, years ago I had a copy of a magazine called Worth. The cover story was Die Broke. I left it out on a table and my daughter gave me a stern talking to.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here