Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perfect is the enemy of good...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfect is the enemy of good...

So Voltaire was right; or the Italian he was quoting was right.
    It's hot in Boston today. Like, 89 hot. Weeding and other garden/yard stuff, looking forward to my first shot at Clint Cantwell's Miso Wings, marinating since last night.
    And, a Gin and Tonic. Perfect weather for it. And me, well, it's gotta be perfect; all the ingredients cold. The Bully Boy Estate Gin is in the fridge. Rats, the tonic is not. So into the freezer with the Fever Tree tonic.

Y'all oughta see the inside of the freezer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4340.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	1041117

Comment

Good Luck, keep us posted, an please don't fergit th Tonic is in th freezer...
      Done that, many times, my danged ol self, Speed-Chillin® me a beer...

Comment

I have learned to place any glass bottles I place in the freezer in another container just in case the liquid in said bottle makes a run for it. (But it was a hard lesson to learn )
        Last edited by RonB; June 6, 2021, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Do that almost every time I speed cool a bottle or can. The worst is the wife says "don't forget you have a bottle in the freezer" of course I just say yah yah I won't. An then an couple hours later I am cleaning the freezer.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            I can certainly commiserate.

• djl
            djl commented
            Editing a comment
            Don’t forget the "told-ya-so" look while you are scrapping away

So, where’s the wings?

Comment

• djl
            djl commented
            Editing a comment
            Have some cold tonic? Come on over!

• NoFatNoFlavor
            NoFatNoFlavor commented
            Editing a comment
            Wings? Those wings. Unlike the tonic, they were indeed perfect, and I ate 'em before I could think to snap a picture.

Oh but I feel your pain. But at least it was not Beefeater's London Dry Gin.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            PBR?, I'm gonna venture a wild arsed guess lol

Been there!

Comment

Middle of the night one evening I hear an odd "phoomp" sound... I went downstairs check it out. Finding nothing amiss I went back up to bed. On returning home from work I went to get some ice from the freezer. It was FULL of "snow!"
            "What the...?" Turns out a can of 7-Up that I put in to speed chill was forgotten...it blew the top right off...and covered everything with a snow-like coating. LOL

Did the same with a bottle of wine...and managed to push the cork out. Derp

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Attaboy!

• bbqLuv
              bbqLuv commented
              Editing a comment
              Is that how you make 7-up yours?
              I wonder if that would work for PBR?
              Last edited by bbqLuv; June 7, 2021, 09:07 AM.

• surfdog
              surfdog commented
              Editing a comment
              bbqLuv Not sure about PBR, but my father went to get ice once for my mother and "flooded" a small glass... Seems he forgot a Mr. Bones Speed-Chillin’™️ beer and it got caught by the ice dispenser helical...and burst...and poured out the shoot. LOL

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here