Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHEAP CRAP WE DRANK GROWING UP + One funny story to go with it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CHEAP CRAP WE DRANK GROWING UP + One funny story to go with it.

What is some of the cheap booze you drank growing up, and any stories to tell about it afterwards? ...
    Last edited by Panhead John; July 15, 2021, 08:10 PM.

I think Boone's Farm has played a role in a lot of drunken stories that we would maybe rather not tell.

Comment

• Bkhuna
      Bkhuna commented
      Editing a comment
      It sure has for me.

Yup I remember the Boone’s Farm. How about the always reliable to get you drunk MD 20/20 fortified wine. Man that stuff was raw. Growing up in Milwaukee, Schlitz Mat Liquor was always around too.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh Yeah, had ta have th Mad Dog 20/20, mebbe even some Night Train lol!
      Both are Incredibly reliable stomach flush agents...
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; August 8, 2020, 08:57 AM.

Pabst Blue Ribbon, in the 60's and still today. Just don't spill the PBR !! No one wants a Pabst smear on the table.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, PBR, or "Riverboats", as we usedta call em... see: ( Patrol Boat, River)
      *Also affectionately referred to as "Brown Water""
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; August 7, 2020, 10:37 PM.

Lord Calvert

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      I remember crawling onto my buddy's grandma's porch in the morning to have words with Ralph when I was round about 13.
      Last edited by Attjack; August 15, 2020, 05:50 PM.

• gcdmd
      gcdmd commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bones I thought Ralph was someone you prayed to at the porcelain altar, in the hope that you would never feel this bad again.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup gcdmd that is th very one an same Ralph...
      We usually spoke bout Buicks...

Mickey's Big Mouth aka "the Grenade". If you wanted to get where you were going in a hurry that was the ticket.

Comment

• Hulagn1971
      Hulagn1971 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ohhh yes. Me and a couple buddies used to get pretty right drinking the big mouths. Had to be really cold though. I remember one night we split a 6 pack out in the woods under somebody's gazebo. We drank 2 each and passed a joint around. Talk about getting sick!

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      I remember Mickey's Big Mouth, usually bought from a nearby gas station. Not my best college memories either, as those stories usually end up with being sick...

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      I consumed Mickeys as well. That and party with Jack Daniels, also Grolsch beer with the flip top lid.
      Last edited by Richard Chrz; January 25, 2021, 01:55 PM.

Genesee 36-packs was our regular beer of choice back in high school days (class of '95). A lot of beer for little money made it our winning ticket each weekend.

In college, we drank Milwaukee's Best every time.
    Last edited by Onez; August 7, 2020, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• ssandy_561
      ssandy_561 commented
      Editing a comment
      We would get many 1/2 kegs of "The Beast" for our fraternity parties

Cheapest? Keystone beer came on the market at $4.99 a case in the early 1990s. Worst drinking episodes usually involved cheap vodka.

I won't touch any mass produced American lite lager anymore (Bud, Miller, etc.) Never liked Boone's, almost vomited the first (and only) time I tasted Mad Dag 20/20 - ran to the sink and spit it out it was that bad.

Comment

• TxF
      TxF commented
      Editing a comment
      Pearl bottles with the riddles inside the caps, you could literally drink cases of those. We figured out that the kegs were just as cheap, but we ended up with lots of stories everytime we got one those.

Making my popcorn now this thread has potential.
    Used to drink Widemanns aka "Wheaties" at 79 cents a six pack with returnable bottles up until the time I left for the "wayward school for boy's" on the Severn. Survived 4 dry years at that institution and then released/graduated into the real world.
    Also used to sample my grandfathers and my mothers homemade wines on frequent occaisions unbeknownst to them.
    Most people that have known me through the years find it hard to believe I actually stopped drinking in 86 for no reason.

Comment

Like many others here, Strawberry Hill was a big part of my childhood. In high school, my friends and I spent a weekend drinking cheap everclear and orange juice. Don't have the stories because I don't remember them.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        I will interject, as a public service, to tell ya fer true; Everclear will deffo help ya light off a stubborn an recalcitrant XLCH, at sub-zero temps..True Story...
        Not too sure I ever wanna look into what it mighta done to my innards, though

PBR or whatever was cheapest. There was a guy in college who was already bald and he charged $0.25 a bottle to buy for all his under aged friends.
      I remember one cold winter night when our group drove out to nowhere to drink beer that had been in the trunk. Pulled the beer out and it was frozen. That night ended early...

Comment

• scottranda
        scottranda commented
        Editing a comment
        Baldy at VT? Didn’t meet one of those. But one guy was totally gray at 19 years old.

Frozen beer? Yup!

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Beersicles!!!
        YUM! LOL

A few years ago, my hubby left the room, looking green and muttering about "youthful indiscretions", when he saw me drinking a beer and eating chocolate at the same time.

I wonder what that was all about.

Comment

• IowaGirl
        IowaGirl commented
        Editing a comment
        That's what I think too, but apparently hubs had one bad night where the two didn't mix. I just smile as I nibble and sip -- more for me!

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed, they's jus like peas an carrots, Sister!
        In a word, "YUMMM"

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Chocolate Ice Cream in a Black Bute Porter float.
        Whip Cream and a cherry on top.

So at IU around 30 years ago, we would buy 1/2 barrel kegs of Little Kings for less than $40 for our social gatherings. I also remember finding cases of Olympia Gold in returnable bottles once for $4.99/case...

Comment

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, I remember Little Kings back in those days.

When I was a kid (ie. much younger )I used to drink Mad Dog 20/20 out of an old aluminium camp coffee pot...just fill with ice and empty the bottle.....led to many forgotten memories, and girlfriends, I'm sure.

Comment

Keystone Light 9.99 for a 30 rack in college (UNH WILDCATS BABAAAY)

Comment

• Greygoose
          Greygoose commented
          Editing a comment
          My son is a UNH grad,,,,,,,,
          Lived over the Wildcat,,,,,
          Natty lights decorated the stair well
          Said it was the best 4 years Of his life and,,,,,,,and he said he got a great education,,,,,
          Whatever that means !!!!!

• Schwyy
          Schwyy commented
          Editing a comment
          those were the days!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here