Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have a coffee maker they love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have a coffee maker they love?

I’m looking for a good reliable coffee maker. this will be the third one I’ve bought in 4 years. First I had a cuisinart single cup maker and now I have a keurig that has developed a leak. I want to find something that is going to last a long time.
    Last edited by RamaJama; January 5, 2020, 10:26 AM.

I recently bought a Keuring K1500 from Staples. It's supposed to be commercial quality, just hope it lasts. So far, I like it.

Comment

This is the one that I have: https://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-SS-...s%2C159&sr=8-6

It's been discontinued, so you can only get refurb ones from Amazon. As Keurigs go, it's the most bulletproof one I've had. I was going through Keurigs at the rate of about 1 every 2 years. I've had this one for close to 5 years without so much as a hiccup.

Comment

• RamaJama
        RamaJama commented
        Editing a comment
        I had that model a few years ago. I actually really like it, but one day it decided it would no longer turn on.

I use and love an Aeropress:

https://smile.amazon.com/AeroPress-C...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

One added advantage is that it's small enough to carry with you on trips.
      Last edited by RonB; January 5, 2020, 09:45 AM.

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        I should also mention that it makes great iced tea too.

• Argoboy
        Argoboy commented
        Editing a comment
        I have an Areopress as well and it works good. I only drink one cup a day as well.

• Robermax
        Robermax commented
        Editing a comment
        This is my favorite, too with electric kettle at 180-185 degrees.

I have the Technivorm Moccamaster for a few years now and really like it. I also went through a bunch of others before this one.

Coffee brewers handmade in the Netherlands out of high-quality, sustainable materials, built to last a lifetime. Dedicated to seeking the real taste of coffee.

Comment

• pknj
        pknj commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 on this. I travel over 150k to 200k miles a year all over the world and there is no coffee like I get at home from this little beauty. My one tip is grind your own beans right before using (they don’t have to be fancy, the After 8 beans my dad has used for 40 years do a good job) and you will be all set.

• fttank
        fttank commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree! I love mine.

• ddevine
        ddevine commented
        Editing a comment
        What they said! Have had one for at least 8 years but I am an occasional coffee drinker. I bought the smaller size unit.

I buy cheap coffee makers, ~ $35 and they last a couple years. Getting around 700 uses from something that cost $35 doesn't bother me.

Comment

I am a fan of Keurig.

Comment

I've had this for ~10 years, still going strong. Brews a pot in 2-3 minutes.

Comment

Like ComfortablyNumb and jerrybell, I prefer not to replace a $100-$200 coffee maker every couple of years. Instead, I invested in a good burr grinder made by Oxo and the cheapest Mr. Coffee machine. I don't even do the whole remove scale with vinegar thing and it seems like the current one is at least two years old and was about $15. Our coffee tastes great done this way and life is much simpler with only one button on the coffee maker.

Comment

I use a Behmor Brazen Plus. Its a drip machine with extremely precise temperature control of the water. I have had mine about 4 years, no issues, other than it causes us to drink more coffee than we perhaps should.

Comment

• DavidNorcross
                DavidNorcross commented
                Editing a comment
                Not heard of this. Does it grind the beans too?

I have the Breville Grind Control Coffee Maker. I love this machine. It grinds, and brews like a champ. It is built like a tank too. Best coffee maker I have ever owned by a mile. The the coffee pot is a like a huge Yeti, so it holds the heat very well and it keeps the coffee hot for a long time. I got this coffee maker from my Dad after his wife could not figure out how to use it. LOL, their loss is certainly my gain.

Comment

• HouseHomey
                HouseHomey commented
                Editing a comment
                Of course you do. 😃

As a coffee addict since my teen years, I've got my own preferences and routine that work for me, but your mileage may vary. I stopped using plugin coffee makers after a couple power outages left me with no way to make coffee. I use a plugin tea kettle for convenience but of course have many ways to boil water with natural gas, propane, charcoal, wood, buffalo chips, etc. Also, I found that overall these make better coffee (to my taste) than automatic drip or Keurig.

Here's all my stuff - collected over a couple decades of trial and error - these are the keepers for me. Everything else I tried has gone to Salvation Army or the trash. Left to right.
              • Manual burr grinder
              • Hario electric burr grinder
              • Coffee pot for cowboy coffee or percolator insert - for a change of pace, campfire coffee, or when I need enough for more than 2 or 3 people. I don't use this often enough to get a lot of practice, so I get inconsistent results - sometimes it's great and other times weak, strong, or burnt.
              • French press - this was my daily go-to for years until I switched to pour-over as my main method. This stainless one is heavy, but it's also insulated and unbreakable (unlike the couple glass ones I went through).
              • Hamilton Beach electric teakettle in back - quick and easy way to boil (unless the power is out). Not shown is the whistling stovetop teakettle I used before I got this and still use on the side burner if I'm making coffee on the patio.
              • Aeropress - back when I did more camping and travel it was handy. I still use it occasionally when I want a single cup of coffee or for Teeccino (non-coffee substitute)
              • Hario pour-over - my go-to most mornings for the last 4 or 5 years
              • Bialetti espresso maker. This was a gift - I use it occasionally. It's good but I think pour-over is just as good and easier.

​

Comment

• radshop
                radshop commented
                Editing a comment
                After I posted, I realized it looks like I'm saying buffalo chips make better coffee. You decide how to take it - and if you brew buffalo chips, let me know how that turns out.

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey rad, we well know buffalo chips are the do all if cookin, Fire staters & fuel all in one.p, yup.

Definitely NOT a Keurig fan. I have an older Cuisinart that makes more decent coffee. Looking to upgrade but that old Cuisinartjust won’t die🤣.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here