Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make your own Kahlua and Amarretto at home, very easy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just tried this, made some coffee with some creme brulee flavored coffee, used about a tsp of vanilla extract, Dripping Springs vodka and Splenda. I just wanted to try it without the overbearing cloying sweetness of actual sugar. Save calories where I can, so I can eat more 'que, right? Right!!

So.... all I can say is... Oh. My. God.

This stuff is AWESOME! I will have to try it with some rum sometime, too, but holy CRIPES this stuff is amazing! Not as thick as actual Kahlua but damn. After trying a White Russian last night with a generic Kahlua called Kamora, I HAD to try my own. And man, is it GOOD. And EASY!

Ridiculous.

Comment

Limoncello (and lime and orange) is easy too, though it has to age for a while.

Step-By-Step Instructions on How to Make the BEST Limoncello. This Is Our Proven Limoncello Recipe--Tested and Loved by MANY Home Liqueur Enthusiasts.

Comment

Wow, wow, wow. I made me a White Russian last night with my homemade Kahlua. Guys... I can't tell you enough how superior this is to the bottled stuff you pay top dollar for at the liquor store. Wow.

I was a little skeptical when I made it, because it is much thinner than the store-bought stuff. I think this may be due to me using Splenda instead of sugar, but unless you are one of the smallish portion of the population who can taste the difference between sucralose (obviously I'm not), that is the only difference - sugar thickens things just a bit.

But holy cripes, man, this stuff is SO much more powerful and rich than the real Kahlua! I used a largish amount making my White Russian and it was a bit overpowering, actually. Not on the coffee flavor, I like it pretty strong, but it was a bit oversweet even. I might cut back on the sweetener next time I make it.

But really, you gotta try this.

Comment

I recommend making a sub-forum under "Beverages" for recipes like these, gluehwein (German spiced wine) or any other concoctions people want to share.

Comment

Do either of those recipes need to be refrigerated?

Comment

• DogFaced PonySoldier
              DogFaced PonySoldier commented
              Editing a comment
              I have kept my kahlua refrigerated and it has been fine now for... jeez, a long time. Looks like a couple of months. I used Splenda in mine, however, not sugar. I have seen mold grow on/in coffee solo, so I would think with sugar it could be bad if not refrigerated. Although we don't typically refrigerate commercial Kahlua, so I don't know...

I wonder what smoked brown sugar would do in these recipes!

Comment

Just read this article on amping up your vanilla beans

Comment

Let me start by saying I’d don’t drink coffee, the caffeine sends me sideways,
                so my buddy makes Kahlua with fresh perked coffee.
                It was fantastic....I was beaned up for 2-3 days....couldn’t sleep, couldn’t sit still, it was hell

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here