Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cigars and Pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cigars and Pipes

I am a pipe and cigar smoker. I have been enjoying sitting on the patio and smoking a pipe while grilling or smoking meats. Are there any others out there who enjoy these things while cooking?

Oh typically coffee or an alcoholic beverage is included.

I use to smoke a pipe many, many years ago. Recently, I have started again, though only periodically. I have one briar pipe that is close to 50 years old. Got it in Germany when I was in the Army. I generally like to sit in my lawn chair, late in the day or after we eat, and smoke. Helps to relax and ponder.

Comment

• FleetingSmoke
      FleetingSmoke commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, pondering life over a pipe is one of those special times.

My dad smoked a pipe back in the 70's and 80's before he gave up tobacco. I have recently picked it up as a way to reconnect and relax on the patio when the urge strikes me. Puts me in a different state of mind I guess, and reminds me of my dad and of my younger years. Its perfect for those all-night smokes, when I decide to use my stick burner.

Comment

• FleetingSmoke
      FleetingSmoke commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, it does help keep the mind working on those long smokes. Nothing like a slow smoke with a slow smoke.

When I was working in the wood shop I would smoke a cigar, but give cigar smoking up years ago.

Comment

Its rumored that I keep a stick or two laying around...maybe a little hooch too...

Comment

What about briping, have you heard of that!!

Comment

• MsTwiggy
          MsTwiggy commented
          Editing a comment
          GolfGeezer it's for the hipsters anyways. . . sheesh, I mean really!

• GolfGeezer
          GolfGeezer commented
          Editing a comment
          MsTwiggy Heh-heh. At my age, "hipster" has a whole different meaning.

• Bkhuna
          Bkhuna commented
          Editing a comment
          You cant mention hipsters without the word doofus.

Cigar guy here, usually while playing golf or sitting on the patio with a Basil Hayden (or 2). I know ecowper is a cigar guy while cooking - haven't heard from him in a while! Turned me on to a couple of nice stogies which I usually get from CigarBid.com.

Comment

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm around, just pretty quiet cause workload is way over the top right now.

I really enjoy those long cooks that I start early in the wee hours. Once I have the smoker up and running, it's coffee and cigar for me at 4 AM with nobody bugging me for this, that, or the other thing.

Comment

• hoovarmin
          hoovarmin commented
          Editing a comment
          I like that time as well in the early morning for the same reason.

• FleetingSmoke
          FleetingSmoke commented
          Editing a comment
          That will be me tomorrow morning.

Nothing like a good cigar and a nice glass of whiskey while sitting by the smoker!

Comment

I smoked a pipe for a few years back in the late 80's early 90's. I used to enjoy a cigar until one afternoon, after a day of sporting clays, a buddy gave me a Cuban and a glass of scotch back at the clubhouse. Little did I know, I was reaching the end of the incubation period for swine flu. For the next several days I puked my guts out and I tasted like that Cuban cigar in the worst possible way. Haven't touched one since. Just bad luck, I guess. But I do deeply enjoy Copenhagen snuff. Where I grew up it was common for young boys to start dipping snuff in elementary school, and that is exactly what I did.
          Last edited by hoovarmin; August 1, 2022, 03:10 PM.

Comment

I smoked cigars a few decades ago, before the trend lemmings jumped aboard and made them unaffordable. I still keep a few around for special occasions. To this day my favorites are the Fuente Don Carlos Double Robusto and the La Gloria Cubana Wavell Maduro.

Comment

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              I've been smoking cigars since about 1985, give or take. The prices have gone up. From what I can tell it's a combination of a lot of things, but primarily supply and demand, regulation, and higher quality and wages.

Been more of a cigar collector over the years than a smoker. Don’t get me wrong I love me a good smoke a couple times a week but I might be able to never buy another cigar and not be able to smoke everything I have in storage…..Hey wait…..that sounds sort of like me and my smokers…LOL

Comment

I enjoy mild cigars on the back deck, after a long hike, or playing golf. But it has to be mild. Been queasy too often, and I figured out I go straight to the person working and ask what I should get. I never go freeballin’ on a cigar. Too risky.

Comment

• Dadof3Illinois
                Dadof3Illinois commented
                Editing a comment
                Sugar is your friend when feeling dizzy from nicotine. It will help get rid of the spins...

My uncle as was my F.I.L. pipes smokers. The pipe I smoked from was not like theirs. I used to smoke cigarettes many years ago. I went to.cigars. I stopped 10 years ago. Enjoyed it but decided it wasn't for me anymore. No regrets. Wine, beer and occasional nip of Bourbon along with good "Q" for me is just fine. Sharing with family and friends, I'm happy.

Comment

I enjoy a cigar from time to time, libations depends on the weather. Summertime I’m a cold beer guy, winter time I’m more of a whiskey guy.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here