Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Guest Bedroom...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Guest Bedroom...

is getting a bit crowded

Click image for larger version

Name:	guestroom.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	254.8 KB
ID:	1231571

What do you have going in there? Seems like a lot of air in them.

Comment

They are 7.9 gallon buckets. I topped them off with a CO2 cap.

Seven wine kits and a beer, all bulk aging.
      Last edited by 58limited; June 4, 2022, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Very nice. Post more pics for us as things progress.

Comment

Is that meth Laboratory? I’m not so sure you should be posting this on line. Just saying. 😁

Comment

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            😂😂😂

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            Dude, know your dope, thats tar brother!

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s been a long time texastweeter Brain don’t remember yesterday anymore. 🤦🏼😂

Compared with the guests I've had lately, I prefer yours. 😁

Comment

If y’all think his stereo is old, just take a look at his car.

Name:	1026B23A-C5DA-4222-8C3E-48461FB4636B.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	1231792

Comment

• 58limited
              58limited commented
              Editing a comment
              Its cheaper to run than a gasoline engine these days...

Originally posted by 58limited View Post
            is getting a bit crowded

Name:	guestroom.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	254.8 KB
ID:	1231571
            Hmmm, I'll be your guest any day!

Comment

Here's hoping you don't get an expected gas buildup and resulting explosion in one or more barrels.
              That's a lotta moping.
              Looking forward to the finished product.

Comment

• 58limited
                58limited commented
                Editing a comment
                Fermentation done, stabilizing and clarification done, and all are bulk aging - in their third buckets. All except the two smaller buckets have airlocks so I don't think that will be an issue.

• smokin fool
                smokin fool commented
                Editing a comment
                Ok gotchya. Don't know a lot about or have forgotten most of the nothing that I knew about home brewing/winemaking.
                My buddies house stunk for ages after one of his beer/wine batches went sideways on him but he started messing with increasing the amounts of sugar and yeast in his batches to increase the alcohol content. What survived was either potent as hell or tasted like hell.
                It is an art.... as long as you follow the instructions....

Quite the stash. What's the yield and estimated consumption period?

Comment

• 58limited
                58limited commented
                Editing a comment
                I usually get 24-28 bottles per wine kit. They can age and improve for years - I buy the good kits with the grape skins included.

The wine kits are 6 gallon kits: you add the grape concentrate and add water to the 6 gallon mark. The target specific gravity is 1.080-1.100. I add water to 1.100 gravity rather than to the 6 gallon mark, thus some of the volume differences you see in the photo. Rule of thumb: you get 5 - 750ml bottles per gallon.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here