Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adult Beverages count?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adult Beverages count?

Spring has sprung here in the NW Oregon, flowers blooming, visions of thin blue smoke wafting in the air. Thoughts turn to beer. That brings me to the question Does Adult Beverages for BBQing count as MCS?

‘’Thoughts turn to beer?” Isn’t that year round?
    Last edited by Panhead John; February 17, 2022, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      ..also isn't it "DO" Adult Beverages count? You're slipping John

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman I noticed that as well, but, as in the case of Mr. Bones , I’d be here all day correcting their grammar and misspellings. I like to pick and choose my battles….
      Last edited by Panhead John; February 16, 2022, 09:57 AM.

Spring has sprung in Oregon? Dude it's February. I challenge that statement. Now here in Houston? Yea I think it's going to be 75*F today

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      The difference is we have water in the ground. When our temps rise everything begins to spring to life. https://images.app.goo.gl/NKJHEHgH5RQU38Ez7

• tmaan235
      tmaan235 commented
      Editing a comment
      Troutman, I hate your weather and am insanely jealous

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea tmaan235 you need to be here in the spring when we have our monsoons that flood your house or in the late summer when a hurricane blows that same house away just when you got it repaired from the spring flood. Not sure anywhere is safe enough to be jealous of. But it is the reason I moved south to escape the Artic tundra of the Midwest.

Comment

• DaveD
      DaveD commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a lot.

No, I believe it’s a sub-section of MSC
    and should always exceed MCS by groups of 12, 24 or 30.
    After that numbers start to become a bit hazy.

Comment

Last time I checked they aren't cookers, so that would be a hard no.

Comment

Wow, we are still at least 2 months out for that, but good on ya!

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          He's had too many PBRs. Don't believe the hype.

• pkadare
          pkadare commented
          Editing a comment
          Attjack one of those is too many.

Well, the great thing about Wisconsin it’s all about two seasons, winter & winter’s comin.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
          Jfrosty27 commented
          Editing a comment
          Well said brother.

• tmaan235
          tmaan235 commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought it was winter (hard water season for us boaters) and road construction...

Originally posted by Troutman View Post
        Spring has sprung in Oregon? Dude it's February. I challenge that statement. Now here in Houston? Yea I think it's going to be 75*F today
        Yeah, well it was 70ºF here yesterday too... now it's 32ºF, raining and turning to freezing rain. Supposed to drop for the next 24 hours until like 10ºF tomorrow morning.

Back up to 74ºF Monday.

Then back to snow on Tues.

WTF, man, Mother Nature is bipolar.

Comment

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, we're getting the same

70 yestidday

20 an 4” snow already, 4-5 more comin

Comment

This time last year in NW Oregon we had snow on the ground. Today, Crocus, Daffodils, and Two Lips are blooming.
          And it may get down into the 40's next week.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	273712836_10159528389121970_3155746616795905982_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=7GIZ5Qux0aIAX9a4t1N&_nc_oc=AQnC1wAOIiQSszyke1tgLoY_L_7l5ctAps665hx6o8ERzoYyX9UInntOdqpN3tPC1KI&_nc_ht=scontent.fhio2-1.fna&oh=00_AT8ahvR
Views:	192
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	1176542

Comment

I say no has to be cooking related for MCS. Beer and other libations aren't just for cooking entertainment.

Comment

What's MCS?

Comment

• pkadare
                  pkadare commented
                  Editing a comment
                  More Cooker Syndrome.

• jitsntricks
                  jitsntricks commented
                  Editing a comment
                  pkadare Thanks! That's DEFINITELY a real phenomena

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here