Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brew day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    One of our local brew pubs makes one and they call it shitty lite. And I’m not saying that out of disrespect bbqLuv , I do know you love the beer, and that is cool!

• gatorjj
    commented on 's reply
    I make one I call "Dude Light" (since the other name was already taken). Cheap, light and next to no flavor but perfect in the middle of summer.

And in the tap next to it is something called Valhalla at 14%...just so things even out

• Ahumadora
    replied
    I just purchased 3 cans of home brew.(Mexican cervesa, Dutch lager and a Pilsner.(Each can makes 23 liters). Make sure you use spring water or pure rain water as that makes a big difference.

Leave a comment:

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, my beer ferments are stored in a dark cool area, thank you though.

• jfmorris
    replied
    Richard Chrz I am sure you know this already, but while its fine for the kombucha, don't leave your fermenting beer out on the counter in the light. If you do, cover it with a dark towel. Light and UV exposure reacts with compounds in the hops to result in "skunked" beer.

I usually ferment in a fridge that is thermostatically controlled with a $20 temperature controller, but if I do leave it out at room temp, I cover the fermenter in a towel or two to keep the light off it. And keep it away from windows.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    bbqLuv the problem with 11% PBR is that it would end up being mostly rice, very little barley. If you used enough barley to get it to 11% it would have way too much flavor and body to be PBR-like.

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    Why bother? 5 gallons for under $15. I can live with that.

Will you bottle it with a pretty blue ribbon as PBR in days past?
    Rename it JF Morris' Blue Ribbon Beer. ABV 11% please.

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    PBR, much like Bud, is a light grain bill, rice solids, and very few hops. I could probably make 5 gallons of it for under $15 bucks to be honest, but why bother?

• barelfly
    commented on 's reply
    Damn it! mnavarre I don’t need that! Funny you mention it - I just filled a growler this past weekend at a local brewery/pub that does the same thing to 5 of their brews. I was not aware they did this until recently. The growler last less than 24 hours…..

I’ll have to look into the enzyme. Although I’m not celiac/intolerant - although I could be slightly, I’m not sure. I just know i feel a heck of a lot better w/o gluten. Although I will have a few beers on occasion because its so good!

• mnavarre
    commented on 's reply
    There's an enzyme called ClarityFerm that you add to the fermenter that reduces gluten to under what the gummit thinks is gluten free (10,000 PPB). So you have no excuse, now.

• barelfly
    replied
    Love that you are diving into brewing. This is something I always wanted to do, but never got into it. Especially when I cut gluten out of my diet. But, keep sharing what you are doing with this! Love getting to read about it!

Leave a comment:

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    I’m sure there is a recipe out there somewhere.

• bbqLuv
    replied
    Will you be able to brew a PBR hack?

Leave a comment:

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    Kombucha-fermented sweet tea.

• Old Glory
    replied
    Booch?

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here
2024 Weber Contest