Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Store-Bought Bloody Mary Mix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Store-Bought Bloody Mary Mix?

What say y’all? Haven’t made bloody Mary’s at home in forever, so looking for input. I have pretty only much used the brand that makes Tabasco or I have doctored up Clamato with the usual suspects (Worcestershire, salt, pepper, hot sauce, lime, celery salt, etc). Please note that horseradish was left off by design.

I always make my own.

Comment

oooh . . . Clamato is the best! Who doesn't need clam broth in their beverage!

SheilaAnn check out the selection at Pavillions on Spring Street. The have a few "craft" style bloody Mary mixers that I have tried and enjoyed. But I still enjoy my home mix the best. the bottled stuff is good for hotels and camping though.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        latenight71 BF is on his was to Pavillion’s as we speak! Do you recall any of the brand names?

• latenight71
        latenight71 commented
        Editing a comment
        @SheilaAnn
        Cutwater was one I tried. another was called Stirrings, but it had horseradish.

Zing Zang!

Comment

• Murdy
        Murdy commented
        Editing a comment
        Zing Zang is solid, though lately we've been making our own.

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Zig Zag?!?

Master Mixers 5 pepper Bloody Mary mix.

Comment

A brand named Walters has started selling a Clamato up here both in mixed and unmixed cans and bottles.
        Its available only as plain Clamato so far, no pickled bean or hot n spicy yet.
        I haven’t tried it yet it is on the expensive side compared to Motts Clamato.
        A friend had a coupla of Walters cans recently, she said taste was comparable to Motts but the Walters was much thicker. For her dime she’d stick with Motts.
        Everyones different so this may be worth a taste test.

Comment

So here is what we ended up with. It’s super rich and very tomatoey! Heat level is there, tang is there, I did nothing to doctor it up!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	5C8DA385-4B1A-43B3-892F-86869F13F8A6.jpeg
Views:	151
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	1055201

Comment

Zing Zang for us, and gin, always gin.

Comment

Zing Zang as a base then doctor it up from there. A secret my mother taught me (whom she got from my father's mother) is a couple dashes of bitters.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here