Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8 Months with no Soda Pop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 Months with no Soda Pop

8 months no Soda. Gave it up and went off the wagon for 2 sips of my Grand daughters Coke.
    Plan to keep giving it up. It thankfully tasted NASTY!
    I'm kind of convinced it is an acquired taste we condition ourselves to like.
    Before I gave it up I was constantly slurping on a Dr. Pepper Big Gulp.I'm talking all day long.
    Switched to iced tea and no regrets.

I have quit my 4 or so diet cokes years ago. Lost a fair amount of weight when I did so. Found new ways of keeping the weight up, though.
    Last edited by richinlbrg; October 3, 2020, 01:34 PM.

Comment

I think your granddaughters glad for her part that it tasted nasty. Who knows if she'd have got it back from you😊. Back on the wagon Sir.

Comment

• Cheef
        Cheef commented
        Editing a comment
        I had to do a pinky promise.
        Appearantly that is some serious business in an 8 year olds world.

Soda water is for sure a treat in our house. I'm personally trying to save water to I only drink whisky and coffee...

Comment

• Cheef
        Cheef commented
        Editing a comment
        Last time I drank alcohol my wife almost divorced me.
        True story.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        I do likewise, Brother, but hit th ice water purty devouly, when at work lol

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr. Bones well, seeing how I fly a desk, coffee suits me up until 1700... If'n I did any REAL work, I would probably imbibe copious amounts of dihydrogen oxide as well.

I have never been a big soda drinker. I maybe have on a month at most. My wife however is a soda junkie. Diet Mountain Dew. Drinks it all day one after the other and she wonders why she doesn't lose weight and can't sleep. Now beer on the other hand.......

Comment

Cheef Congrats I sure wish I could join you. Longest soda free for me was 18 months. Fell off the wagon B-A-D. No excuse on my part.
        - Was much easier for me to give up beer (never drank the hard stuff or wine) in 1986. Now if I even smell it, it's a big turn off. Suds free...
        - Married to a Colombian 40+ years and hate coffee. 34 years in the Navy did not change my mind about it either. Never touch the stuff but do like the smell of it brewing.
        - I need to muster up some moral courage and kick the diet soda habit and join you Cheef.

Comment

• Cheef
          Cheef commented
          Editing a comment
          tiewunon I was/am a coffee junkie. Kind of tapered off the past few years but used to literally drink it 24 hours a day. Funny thing about the soda? I never even really missed it which surprised me a lot!
          My unbreakable habit seems to be smoking. I just can't kick them. Can't even seem to give a good fight to kicking the habit. I NEVER touchedd a cigarette until I quit drinking and then it was GAME ON. My wife says I'm prone to bad habits.

Double big gulp dr peppers. Gave it up in my 20s. Never looked back. I will "treat" myself to a sip or two of a really good root beer. And that’s maybe once a year!

Comment

• richinlbrg
          richinlbrg commented
          Editing a comment
          SheilaAnn , I’ve not heard of your faves, but I’m betting you’ve never had my fave, IBC. Going to have to track down your faves. Thank you!

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          SheilaAnn Yup, Cream Soda's a whole nuther game, Sister lol

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          richinlbrg I forgot about IBC! Another fine choice!

I did the same with solf drinks and alcohol some years ago, lasted 18 years or so
        Started drinking Coke Zero and the odd root beer once or twice a week, to this day don't know why.
        With alcohol went on an all-inclusive to Jamaica, my wife got mad at me....you've paid for the booze you idiot....drink....so I did.

Comment

• Cheef
          Cheef commented
          Editing a comment
          Im just waiting for the day to get that order. My wife has a long memory though, and I'm thinking that one will never come.

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          Cheef to this day I'm still on and off, although my posts in the what are you drink now thread would point to the opposite this summer.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          I humbly submit th fact that this Summer has been like no other, in our lives, Brother...

I gave up my daily cola and lost 12 lbs in a month. My friends like to point out how much weight I'd loose if I gave up beer. I reply "Not gonna happen unless you give it up with me as well." No takers yet.
        Last edited by 58limited; October 3, 2020, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          😂😂😂

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          Different people.
          When I gave up soda and alcohol I maybe lost a few a few lbs , didn't drop any inches.
          I gained eating more.
          Over the years I've come to the realization the only way to lose weight for me is to cut off a limb.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Amazin how th volunteers flee, at times, ain't it, Brother? (SF Vet. ) Seen it happen...
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; October 5, 2020, 04:44 PM.

Several years ago, my son said that he would give up soda for a month...
        I said, "A month?! Anyone can give it up for a month! How about six months. I bet you can’t do that."
        Wrong choice of words. LOL
        He said, "Ok, I’ll bet you a hundred dollars."
        ”You’re on!”
        His older brother decided that was too good a deal to pass up...he wanted in.
        Facing the prospect of losing $200 dollars, I upped the ante...$200...but not only were sodas off the table, but ALL artificially sweetened corn syrup type beverages. Yeah, I so got this!

Yeah well, not so much. I lost to both of them and I even tried getting their friends to help me. LOL
        Relatively expensive lesson. LOL
        Even though I "lost" I still think they came out ahead despite the money.
        Last edited by surfdog; October 4, 2020, 08:03 AM. Reason: Fixing autocorrect shirt. ;-)

Comment

This is one that I need to stop but still drink diet soda's....

Comment

I was hooked on Diet Coke and would drink one after the other throughout the day. I quit all soft drinks cold turkey a little over 3 years ago and haven't really missed it. At this point, it's as much about keeping the streak going as anything. I did have a tiny sip of Diet Coke, maybe a year ago, and I really can't imagine how I ever enjoyed that taste. Blech!!

Comment

• smokin fool
            smokin fool commented
            Editing a comment
            Its whatever sweetner they use in diet soda's that's one of the biggest turn offs for me.
            Then read the other ingredients they use to make soda....enough said....
            That's it, off soda again!!!!

While personally appreciatin yer tales of conquest an mastery over yer addictions,etc.

I'm currently imbibin on a Buffalo Trace / Maker's Mark, with CoCola tossed in...

Next up to bat is some Sailor Jerry, with Dr. Pepper...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here