Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coffee Creamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coffee Creamer

I like a little coffee with my cream and sugar. I love the sweetened, flavored coffee creamers like Coffeemate. That is, until I found out how easy it is to make it. This recipe is not original. You can find these all over the internet. I found most to be WAY to sweet or too strong. I just wanted to share the recipe I like which I modified for my taste.

2 pints (4 cups) half-n-half
    14 Oz can sweetened condensed milk
    2 teaspoons vanilla
    1 teaspoon almond extract

Mix together well and enjoy. The condensed milk will separate and sink to the bottom so make sure to shake really well before each use. You can add/cut the amount of half-n-half to make it less or more sweet. I think it’s easier to use up a little left over half-n-half than condensed milk. Some recipes I saw said to add additional sugar. You can also adjust the flavoring. For those who drink your coffee straight, hats off to you.

Nice. I love my half-n-half when I can't get enough calories. I'll use it in place of milk for my cereal.

Comment

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      Also a half-n-half lover. The only reason I drink coffee is that SWMBO won't let me drink a cup of half-n-half. It is also ridiculously good over berries!

Sweet. ☺

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I see what you did there.

Thanks for sharing! I've been using heavy whipping cream lately instead of 1/2 & 1/2.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
      Potkettleblack commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep... HWC or GTFO.

When we have it, I like to squirt some whip cream right on top!

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      That's like Frank's in my house, I put that *** on everything

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Reddi Wip, really, don't you miss whipping the cream yourself?
      It beats cool whip, Dare I say?

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Revisiting this, a dollop of this on top of a spoonful of peanut butter is an awesome snack!

No coffee here the caffeine just launches me.
    I haven't had a coffee in 40+ years.

Comment

Just FWIW I like coffee in my coffee!🤣

Comment

Yup, black fer me. Once in awhile I’ll put some sweetener if I make Turkish.

Comment

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          I had a Greek neighbor who made Greek coffee. Turns out it's the same thing as Turkish. It will definitely put hair on your chest.

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup Steve R. it’s all the same neighborhood Lebanon, Greece, Turkey, but Turkey is the home of coffee.

Black Yuban for me these days.

I LOVE LOVE CoffeMate original powder. But alas.... made from dried seed oils so it’s a no go for me.

I love that stuff as much as A-1. I miss them both. Cream and sugar in yuban and I’m good. Sigh...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here