Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coffee drinkers, how do you brew yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here’s my coffee bar I have at work that gets the most work out.

I have an Aeropress at home that I use on the weekends.
    Attached Files

Comment

I use a French press and drink it black. Italian roast.

Comment

Great! I also made such a corner for myself. True, it took me about 4 months to find the perfect coffee for self-using and I chose the best espresso machines. For my coffee corner, I made a podium table, and there you can sit like on a veranda only inside the house. I have a table near the window overlooking the terrace. There you can also close the curtain to sit alone and wait for the evenings and rain. I love how the coffee aroma fills my home; I just can't live without this coffee. Sometimes I want to expand the bar and add a few bottles of Bailey’s liqueur. But this is still in development, the idea is not bad, but I don't drink alcohol much.
        Last edited by margohathaway66; February 26, 2021, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome to The Pit.

• ofelles
          ofelles commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome to the Pit from the California Delta.

My daily fix. Beans ground daily.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	B1998EA5-B24C-4A3E-BC2A-0F72252625C0_1_201_a.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	1308058 Click image for larger version

Name:	57FC76E4-F54D-4BFA-A6F6-84C7DC31D331.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	1308057

Comment

• HotSun
          HotSun commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks good to me. I use pressure pots when I am in Europe and at home when I have the inkling. My assistant travels the world with her pressure pot and that is all she uses (she is Italian). She tells me that she does not wash the pot daily, maybe once a month, because it affects the taste. That doesn't seem right to me, but she says that's normal in Italy.

I recently picked up an DeLonghi Dedica expresso machine as it was on sale, I have a hand burr grinder. I grind 14 g of Costco expresso beans (roasted by Starbucks) each morning for my coffee. I plan to buy some locally roasted expresso beans next which should improve my crema. Since I got the expresso machine I am drinking more coffee and enjoying more. I also bought a porta filter and tamper as add ons. I like to watch Tom’s coffee corner on you tube to learn more about my machine and expresso.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ACD71303-900F-4F1B-BC58-6283E3D161B3.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	1308305

Comment

Been doing pour over coffee for about a year or so. Weighing everything out gives great consistency. Brewing 1-2 cups at a time means always fresh coffee!

Comment

• willsands
            willsands commented
            Editing a comment
            Your method is my preferred system as well. I use good beans with my hand grinder (1ZPRESSO), a 16:1 water/coffee ratio, and 200° water to produce a consistently fresh and enjoyable cup.

I cold brew Peet's for work. Make it in a Mason jar, steep it for 24 hours, then double strain it. It's easier on my stomach.

I broke my Power XL...looking for something that can stand up to grinding beans.

At home, I have a separate burr grinder and a Mocha Master.

Comment

Originally posted by Livermoron View Post
            I cold brew Peet's for work. Make it in a Mason jar, steep it for 24 hours, then double strain it. It's easier on my stomach.

I broke my Power XL...looking for something that can stand up to grinding beans.

At home, I have a separate burr grinder and a Mocha Master.
            Mason jar... brilliant Livermoron ! I have been looking for a simpler method to do cold brew (back in the day, we used canvas sacks and would make 5 gallons at a time). I have wide mouth jars and sprout lids that I have used for growing broccoli sprouts. The mesh might be too coarse for the grind, but I can always use cheesecloth or other fabric along with it.

Here are the lids I have:

Thanks!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here