Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coffee Making at Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought you might find this interesting, what I make my cowboy coffe in. Click image for larger version

Name:	925A6CD8-B190-4ABE-8CF7-3B68956C089C.jpeg
Views:	448
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	455868

Comment

• bardsleyque
      bardsleyque commented
      Editing a comment
      I was certain you'd have a cast iron coffee maker!

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      I perk, therefore coffee I drink. Camping that is.

When I want the best coffee possible I use a Kalita Kantan with a Hario V60 swan neck kettle. Why? Because it's the only system I know where you can lay the water right on top of the grounds. Most people don't realize you can lose 5-10 degrees & over-agitate the grounds if you pour from a distance. Temp is crucial, and depends on roast. Dark roasts are often better with cooler temps (195) and light roasts hotter (205). With the Kantan you dial in your temp with a probe then pour gently right on top of the grounds without loss of temp. While brewing I keep the mug in a bowl of hot water so it will be perfect drinking temp when it's done.

Good quality water + heavy whipping cream (for creamer) is also essential in my world.

Comment

Little late to the party here, but here is my favourite methods. Some are cheap, some are crazy expensive. Either way, I get great cups with any of these four.
    1. Aeropress (cheaper, best value hands down, $40)
    2. Chemex (slightly expensive, $80)
    3. Trinity One (crazy expensive, $400)
    4. Melita drip (cheapest, $9)

Comment

I b a drip bunn coffee drinker

Comment

Interesting this thread seemed to attract those who end up with former next to their name. Speaking of former, I know it’s unrelated but then again it is former : Click image for larger version  Name:	B118DFA8-B745-447D-A2B5-6B928D952E17.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	685.1 KB ID:	964838

Comment

• bep35
          bep35 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, what is with that? One is even listed as a "Banned" Former Member. How does a "Banned" Former Member or even a Former Member post to the thread?

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          He posted before he earned the axe.

Aeropress with 175-185 degree water from temp controlled kettle

Comment

I have an Areopress and I like it and I have a stove top expresso pot that works well. It makes six little cups or one large cup. I drink one cup of strong coffee a day and this does the job.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2A69B0D1-685B-4F0C-A0C0-3E0E69429686.jpeg
Views:	286
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	965190

Comment

I'm in the Aeropress/pour over group for travel/camping/stovetop. Hario and some others have good kettles for it and you can make a stand for pour over that will look great and last a lifetime.

If you are looking for something different for the stovetop look at the siphon vacuum maker (both alcohol burner and stove top models). If you want to live dangerously you can use it to quickly infuse cocktails when you are done with coffee for the day.

Comment

Only when camping.

Comment

Well now that Spamtaray rekindled this post, how things have changed. I now use a French press or my Turkish Ibrik since I’m only brewin fer one. Still have a pot fe Cowboy coffee cept’n there isn’t a big enough posse to cook it fer.

Comment

I AM NOT Worried about coffee safety. I don’t give a RIP as long as I don’t burn meself. Down the hatch! Oh, I wonder what kind of cooker Ol Poll dude uses.

Comment

• Uncle Bob
                    Uncle Bob commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Probably a Spamcafe Supremo..............

• Andrrr
                    Andrrr commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ha! I was going to say FireMan this post seems to do a good job of attracting formers and cans of spam. Maybe a record!

I mix 1/2 teaspoon of cardamon in my drip coffee before turning it on sometimes. That’s real good.

Comment

This is my coffee set up. Not to old school I’ve ad the bun about 25 yrs and the espresso about 7 yrs got the bun when we got tired of replacing mr coffee’s
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by ssennott; November 25, 2021, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• barelfly
                      barelfly commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Weighing out your grinds for the shots! Nice

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here