Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sodastream Tips!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sodastream Tips!

Please share your best advice for saving money on CO2 refills plus syrup refills and any other tips on brands etc. I probably have a ridiculous amount of syrup.

Flavors:

Ginger ale
    Coke
    Dr. Pete
    Root Beer
    Lemon Lime

Sodapress raspberry and mint

Water flavors:
    blackberry
    cherry
    raspberry
    lime
    grapefruit
    strawberry
    mango

i know about this trick:

My family drinks a lot of bubbly water, mainly sugar free sodas that we make and experiment with, and occasionally just a flavored sparkling water that I know WayneT and bride like to drink. We probably go through 4 liters per day, which requires a lot of CO2. We can afford the bottle refills if we wanted, but this is America
    Attached Files

We have found that Amazon has the best deals. For the CO2 refills they are all the same price. We do the exchange at Ace Hardware.

Comment

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought I read Sodastream offers a discount if you exchange them online?

• DavidNorcross
      DavidNorcross commented
      Editing a comment
      The discount is no different and there is shipping involved.

You can refill your CO2 at home which is much cheaper. However it requires some special supplies that not everyone has, so ACE may be your best bet for now. If you go through a ton of it, it might be worth exploring even if you don't have it on hand already.

Depending on which model you have, the canisters are refillable with a CO2 tank and an adapter. Buying CO2 in bulk is simple so you just use the big tank to fill the little tank when it gets low.

Comment

My tip? Make a place for it wherever you store the cooking gadgets you never use. Our son gave wifey one about three years ago (I never drink soda of any kind). She bought about 15 of the syrup bottles. The big size even. Used the thing about 4 times, said it was too much bother. (Yea, I know 🙄🤦‍♂️) and it sat on the kitchen counter unused for about two years until it hit the basement storage shelf.

Comment

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        I drink a lot of sparkling water so I think it will get used. I think the kids will drink the soda too once I show them how to use it. We will see!

That was pretty successful. I exchanged one used canister for $16.50 and Target let me take a second one for $16.50 as well. Stocked up for a bit!

Comment

I still use an ISI soda siphon and have a ridiculously large collection of bitters. One day I'll buy a Sodastream or more likely the Drinkmate which I understand is a better alternative.

Comment

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          I know nothing about the Drinkmate but the Sodastream is easy for the kids and me to use so that has a be a big point. I haven’t really thought about mixing drinks beyond a Shirley Temple but I’d be curious what you’d use it to do.

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          I watch a YouTube channel called How to Drink and the host says the Drinkmate is the superior soda water machine. I think Sodastream was the original and it's a good product and Drinkmate just improved upon it a bit so if I was buying i would get the slightly better one.

I use soda water to top off various cocktails and to make mocktails. The possibilites are endless.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here