Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decaf coffee suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decaf coffee makes about as much sense to me as non alcoholic beer or sugar free soda...
    but, I don't consume much of the full strength products, so would likely just eliminate them entirely before switching to a "lite" version..
    Last edited by Finster; February 28, 2023, 04:32 AM.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Well let me make some sense out of it for you. I have a progressive nerve disease, and caffiene is starting to over stimulate my nervous system in a noticeable negative way. But I love the flavor of a dark roast coffee, so Im hoping not to have to give up the flavor, I choose what I allow to over activate my nerves, caffiene is something I can live without. Hopefully that helps it make sense for you....

• Finster
      Finster commented
      Editing a comment
      My apologies Richard Chrz if my post came across as judgmental. It certainly was not my intention.
      Thank you for clarifying..
      Last edited by Finster; February 28, 2023, 10:01 AM.

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Finster, you had said it did not make sense to you, so I was just letting you know why it made sense to me. my apologies if I came across wrong.

I have never found a decaf coffee I really liked. I enjoy two ~10 oz cup of coffee in the morning; however, a few years ago I noticed I started getting really irritable after cup number two.

What I did was switch to half caf and half decaf and it made a difference. I also no longer do caffeine after noon, even tea unless I am really tired or something.

Comment

We get our coffee from this place. The caffeinated and the espresso are excellent. Never tried the decaf, but odds are they’re good too. https://blackgoldroasters.com/collections/all?page=1

Comment

Richard, I drink decaf on my Doc’s orders because caffeinated coffee makes my heart go pitter-pat when it should go ba-domp, ba-domp. I have been drinking Lavazza Dek for years and love it. It’s made in Torino so you know it’s the real deal. I order mine from Amazon.

Comment

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          Lavazza is good $#!+. Its when the ticker goes "pop goes the weasel" that you have bog problems.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here