Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greek Coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greek Coffee

For Christmas, my sister gifted me a bag of Greek coffee. I naively assumed it was just the same as regular ground coffee. It is not, it is its own thing and is quite good.

First, Greek coffee is very finely ground. In fact, it looks indistinguishable from cocoa powder. The way you brew it is by placing an 1/8 of a cup (standard coffee scoop size) into a mug and then pour boiling water over it. As the coffee cools, it brews and the grains settle on the bottle.

Greek coffee is meant to be drunk very slowly with good friends for at least an hour (preferably looking out across the Mediterranean). It is quite low in caffeine and not all that strong.

I am finding it to be a nice change of pace to tea in the afternoons. Bravo is the brand I got.

We used to have a next door neighbor who was originally from Greece. She would occasionally invite several neighbors over for Greek coffee. The way she did it, it was quite strong, but really good.

Comment

I worked at a Greek restaurant for a while. Mom would make us a coffee before our shift (and you were god to go!). I always added a bit of sugar. I recall it being very strong. I also seem to recall Turkish coffee being similar. But I think you strain Turkish coffee?

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        While in the Navy in the early 70's, we were on a joint exercise with the Turkish Navy. The officers on my ship were invited to the Turkish ship for coffee. How strong was it? My hair grew back in about 2 minutes.
        Last edited by RonB; January 25, 2023, 06:07 PM.

ComfortablyNumb They do!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	C0F1ACA5-4A55-45D2-B4A4-3F425C623CDF.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	1367363

Comment

These are my 3 “Turkish” coffee pots called an Ibrik. You pour it in the 100ml cups along side. It is very strong and you do not strain it, no, no, no. If one wants a tutorial I will Click image for larger version

Name:	D68C58FC-B709-4B7A-88DE-1FCAF32C4CCD.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	1367427 be glad to give it.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
          SheilaAnn commented
          Editing a comment
          I stand corrected on the straining…. I must be thinking of something else. Then again, I am not a coffee drinker. The pots are beautiful.

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          Tutorial? Yes, please!

K.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here