Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love it when this happens (coffee)....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crazytown3
    commented on 's reply
    This may reveal more about my unsophisticated palate, but I think 7-11 coffee has some great coffee.

• crazytown3
    commented on 's reply
    Mr. Bones, your thoughts are magnificent. My coffee this morning, was average at best.

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    So far the 26” is doing the job. Got a brisket cook coming up on it with some grilling this weekend. Works for me, no one here to cook for anyway.

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    You simply pour the coffee into your whipping siphon, add the nitro cartridge. (Some take two) Then add a little water, shake it up for about 30 seconds and let it sit in the Siphon for 3-5 mins. then let it rip! it is awesome. It can be a little foamy and you do need to let it sit sometimes, just like real Guinness, but it is awesome. Old Glory

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    I thought you had a plan to use the Weber 26" to cook everything this year. I think you need a camp stove percolator running over charcoal....

• Mosca
    commented on 's reply
    It started with me seeing him about an abnormal heart rhythm. Less coffee helped, a lot!

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    jfmorris Really they all just sprinkle hot water over coffee grounds, I think most are created equal. Except Bunns.

• Troutman
    replied
    Update to my post. Mama just walked in with this thing. Says we're going to get serious about these new fangled coffees called espresso and cappuccino. Also heard mention of latte? Anyway, just wondering if any of you caffeine snobs have a comment on these fufu brews?

I'm personally leaning toward this, right up my alley....

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    replied
    I've been drinking coffee since I was a teenager, but really got into it while in college. I drank it with cream and sugar until I had a part time job at a dry cleaners, where they provided the coffee and fixings, but the creamer was "No Name Brand" (actually a brand at the time!) non-dairy powdered creamer, that just clumped and never dissolved. That was when I started drinking my coffee black. A couple of years later, I was working at IBM, and the break room always had coffee, and it was the only thing "free" I could drink, and working some long hours, I drank coffee all day long. A bad habit I've never gotten out of!

A decade or so ago, I had a job downtown on the square in Huntsville, and a fabulous coffee roaster that has been there since the 1970's was a block from my office, and I became a true coffee snob. I've not been able to go back to mass market coffee ever since. I do have a pump espresso machine (Delonghi), a drip coffee maker and a French press. And a Keureg as well, for the occasional cup, mostly for SWMBO, who fills it with cream and sugar and can't tell the coffee from those is bad anyway. I've got a burr mill for when I want to make espresso. I also make cold brew in the summers, for my afternoon coffee, and started early on the cold brew iced coffee today, as I am sipping it from an insulated cup right now. I'll drink another cup or two this afternoon, but stop after dinner.

Lately SWMBO has been on a kick that all coffee must be organic. Interestingly, that is actually hard to find, because most small coffee growers just cannot afford the $3-4k that it costs to get your crop certified organic. I've read articles on the subject that tell me that much coffee meets organic standards, but just cannot afford to be certified. Who knows the truth of it, but I'll get organic beans or ground coffee if I find it, for her. If I can't, I get coffee I like, and just make the coffee anyway, without showing the bag to SWMBO... sneaky I know!

Funny thing is - I hate ANYTHING in my hot coffee, and hate flavored coffee in general. But if I am drinking it iced, I want cream and sugar in it. Not sure why.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    Huskee I am using a fairly cheap Mr. Coffee right now that has a "strong" setting that slows things down during the brew, and I've been pleased with that. I may move up to a Ninja or something fancy if/when the Mr. Coffee dies.

• FireMan
    replied
    To clear matters up, I drink coffee. I make coffee. I roast coffee. I grind coffee. I open instant jars, yessir. I roast, grind & drink Turkish coffee. I make cowboy coffee, especially when I’m campin. Make it at home to. I have two packets of coffee/ganoderma lucidum almost daily. If there is a way & it’s a bean & it’s brown & smells like coffee I’m drinkin it, with no junk in it either, which means no cream, sugar, sweetener or catsup.

Leave a comment:

• SavageSmoke
    replied
    Only Peet's coffee. Ground fresh in a bur grinder. Brewed in my Technivorm Mochamaster. Perfect everytime

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    I don’t talk to my doc about coffee & he doen’t ask.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Yep. My FIL loved his weak coffee from his Bunn. His son, my BIL, still prefers his weak like that too. I just can't do it. To me it's like skim milk, I'd rather just not drink it at all cuz to me it ain't real! We have a Ninja coffee pot, and it has a Rich setting which brews really slowly, we use that and love it. jfmorris

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    Huskee , sure did. Kept me from opening my new jar. I am not partickilar.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here