Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love it when this happens (coffee)....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    All those words make it sound good w/o having even tried it yet.

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Wisely said, Mr. Bones .

K.

• FireMan
    replied
    Yes. To all of the above & more.

Leave a comment:

• Oakgrovebacon
    replied
    Bunn home brew 10 cup machine, Folgers gourmet supreme. I add 1 shake of salt to the ground coffee before brewing. Drink it year round. 3 mugs in the summer. More in cold weather.

Leave a comment:

• Argoboy
    commented on 's reply
    I also drink one strong 12 Oz cup of expresso coffe in the morning and that is it for the day. I buy French roast ground coffee.

• Jim White
    commented on 's reply
    Wait. I've had my burr grinder two or three years. What is this "cleaning"? The hopper holds a full bag of Kauai Medium Roast whole bean--the only coffee I buy these days. We visited their plantation long ago and so I feel a connection along with really liking the coffee, which I can get at Publix.

But like Michael, the output of the grinder goes into a cheap Mr. Coffee drip maker.

• Old Glory
    commented on 's reply
    Please share the process with the whipping siphon. Guinness coffee sounds great!

• Red Man
    replied
    I’m a bit of a coffee snob but I got no problem with gas station coffee if that’s all that’s available. I use a French press mug and just have the one mug each morning, except on weekends when I usually make a pot of drip coffee. I get my beans from a small local roaster who has a great product. I actually prefer it to Blue Mountain and Kona coffee that I’ve gotten. I use a burr grinder which is very convenient. It takes 10 minutes to clean it once a week.

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    replied
    I like it black and hot. I am talking about my first cup in the morning. Anything else is just a coffee concoction.
    Coffee like a good bourbon should be neat, sipped, and enjoyed.
    And That is the Truth.

Leave a comment:

• Richard Chrz
    replied
    Agreed, I try to get the first cup if I can. I add heavy cream to mine. And when it hits, it is perfection.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Both yall's posts interestin, an I even have an additional premise...equally as un-scientific as yall's, btw

Mebbe, (but conceivably possible) that we make th same dang ol coffee we all make every day, an mebbe, jus mebbe: some days we start th day with our headbones in a Happier place, so we perceive things more favourably...???

Perception acts as a lens through which we view Reality...
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; August 4, 2021, 10:24 PM. Reason: Punktiation, an put a slash where it was needed...

• Old Glory
    replied
    I like good Coffee, good BBQ, good beer, and good whiskey.

I use pre ground coffee but it is fresh roasted from an online service. Trade Coffee https://www.drinktrade.com/return/my-subscription got sucked in by Sam The Cooking Guy. Has been pretty good.

This guy is the ultimate Coffee Snob https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9Yn...7sR37D-qtwAGne looks like old Harry Potter.

Leave a comment:

• Steve R.
    replied
    I'm only a snob when it comes to 'cue and coffee. I find that I get consistently good results with the "good stuff," so I just stick with it. Also, I drink one 16 oz. mug of coffee each morning, then I'm done for the day. I'm not going to risk having a whole day's worth of coffee be a big disappointment.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    I love coffee. I usually drink Black Rifle Coffee or Caribou and brew it at home.

I have been making home made cold press for the last year and I love that stuff. Especially when you put the coffee in a whipping siphon and make a cold press Nitro. its like a Guinness in the morning with out all the flack and judgy comments.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    There's 2 types of coffee the wife & I buy, and we've settled on that over many years of experimenting. I don't like to say one of the brand's names because it is associated with strong opinions and stereotypes, but we find the one particular roast level to be our sweet spot and we love it to pieces. We stopped grinding our own though, the benefit to work ratio wasn't there for us personally.

We take our coffee pot on trips quite often, if reasonable to do so, if not then at least our coffee to use in hotel rooms that have their own maker. I don't think of myself as a coffee snob but I'd rather just not have any at all instead of suffer with gas station or hotel lobby coffee. I watched a diner person put in 3 scoops for a full pot on a Bunn. Dark water is all that is. Maybe that's "American coffee" and maybe makes me a certain level of snob, oh well.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here