Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love it when this happens (coffee)....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dewesq55
    replied
    We grind our own beans, but brew the result in a Mr Coffee-type drip machine. We were drinking BJ's brand Vista Rican for a number of years until they stopped selling it by us. We then tried out a few different varieties before settling on the French Roast. We tend to brew it extra-strong because we're drink it with half and half or light cream.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    I owned a Bunn maker at the house, and the speed at which the water flows through those things to make a pot in 2 minutes meant I had to use a FULL filter of coffee to have it strong enough to my taste - probably twice the coffee per cup of any other coffee maker I've ever owned. I decided I didn't need my coffee that fast, and went back to a cheaper and slower coffee maker.

• lostclusters
    commented on 's reply
    +1 Folgers Black Silk

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    I've always enjoyed Eight O'Clock, ground or whole bean.

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    Not until afternoon. Because of SWMBO of 47 years.

• Troutman
    replied
    I don’t know, Mama gets up at 4:30am and makes it. French roast something or other. Grinds whole beans. By the time I stumble to it with my Yeti I’m just glad the pot hasn’t turned off yet and it’s still hot !!

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    I’ll bet you sneak a little PBR into that morning brew, don’t you? Come on fess up !!!

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Mr. Bones the wise old sage. Impressive observations not only on the subject matter but projecting into a life lesson as well. Bravo sir !!!

• Mosca
    replied
    I used to be a coffee snob, I roasted my own, ordered from Sweet Maria’s. Then my cardiologist told me to stop the caffeine, so I started drinking decaf, which is colored water. Now I get ground decaf.

But yes, you are absolutely correct.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Steve R. Makes sense. When we first started making bulletproof coffees we used salted butter and someone once said you should use unsalted, so we tried it and we actually prefer the salted. I think I like bitter coffee though, never noticed it to be a problem.

• Steve R.
    commented on 's reply
    Salt is definitely a thing, Huskee. If you have coffee that is on the bitter side, a shake of salt into the coffee grounds before brewing fixes that.

• Mudkat
    commented on 's reply
    I think you meant "flavourably". 😀

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Did you drink my dad's instant up there, I don't remember what you did for coffee.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Salt, really. Is this for flavor or another reason? Never heard of this.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Heavy whipping cream here too.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here