Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my-new-cocktail-"the-dry-ass-martini-and-a-salad"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new cocktail "The Dry Ass Martini and a Salad"

Click image for larger version  Name:	6FA3461D-24EC-456E-899F-82A857BD7A21.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.78 MB ID:	998223

3oz of Harahorn Gin and ice. Shake vigorously. Must be very very VERY cold. Pour. Take a branch of tarragon and beat the glass. Plant the branch in the drink. As for the dry vermouth, you might open it in the vicinity and waive it near the glass. If that’s too much then a quick look at the bottle should suffice. Shoutout to my Scandi bruthas- Elton's BBQ and Henrik - I had this gin for the first time flying SAS to visit my daughter in Copenhagen. Easily my favorite gin.

Last edited by JCBBQ; March 2, 2021, 04:44 PM.

All jokes aside, the gin and tarragon is perfection.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
      SheilaAnn commented
      Editing a comment
      JCBBQ Is the gin super herbaceous? What’s the flavor profile?
      Last edited by SheilaAnn; March 2, 2021, 08:16 PM.

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      SheilaAnn no, not super herbaceous. It’s very balanced. Mellow. Great gin to drink straight.

I’m with you on the vermouth. I like to walk the glass by the cabinet, quickly, where the vermouth is stored.

Comment

I'm having a martini right now. I don't understand the aversion to vermouth though. Sip gin if you want but I like martinis.

2 oz gin
      .75 oz dry vermouth
      1 dash orange bitters
      3 olives
      Last edited by Attjack; March 3, 2021, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Actually I was joking a bit about the vermouth. And I really don’t like gin martinis. My fave is a vodka dirty martini. And yes with a dash of the V.

Comment

• Oak Smoke
        Oak Smoke commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm with you. I like a grey goose martini, dirty, with 3 olives. An old friend gave me a vermouth mister years ago. One little hint from it is plenty. When it comes to gin I like it with tonic and a twist of lime.
        Last edited by Oak Smoke; March 3, 2021, 06:17 PM.

Loves me a good gin. This looks amazing! When making a martini, I super-duper chill the gin, strain into a chilled martini glass, whisper the word vermouth about 4” from the glass. Garnish and sip gingerly.....🍸🍸🍸

Comment

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        ♥️ ♥️♥️♥️

I usually pour enough vermouth in the shaker of ice to coat the cubes, then pour off excess. Then I proceed with my martini. I love them dirty with blue cheese stuffed olives..😋

Comment

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        au4stree preach! Try anchovies. Game changer!

Tio Pepe Martini - try this! Great flavor.

In honor of what would have been Martin’s 99th birthday, we celebrate his special Martini, involving a showman’s infusion of sherry and flaming orange peel.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
        SheilaAnn commented
        Editing a comment
        Mark V I have had this! Nice pull!

Now that right there is a fine drink! And the gin is great, you know how to roll!

Just in case you haven't tried it: I was gifted a bottle of Botanist gin for my birthday a while back. It's from Scotland, not Scandi, but man it is good! I've been sampling a few different types of gin and gotta say this one sure was smooth on the palate!

Anyhow, cheers brother!

Comment

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Btw, I might have been Harahorn’s first US customer. I was definitely harassing them on Instagram for them to hurry up and sell here. I’ll keep an eye out for Botanist. Not sure it’s available in USA.

Beefeaters, rocks with a splash of PBR. Just kidding.

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        2 splashes of PBR if you don't like a dry martini

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        ecowper lol

Hendricks gin with a splash of st Germaine and either a cucumber slice or a pickled onion depending on my mood is the go to "martini" for me

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        I tend to stock Hendricks at my house.

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        The difference between a Gibson cocktail and a ​gin martini is the garnish. Both drinks are made with gin and dry vermouth, but instead of the martini's olive or lemon twist, the Gibson is garnished with a cocktail onion.
        How about a dry Vodka Martini, shaken not stirred, will that not "BOND" the alcohol?
        I only want .007% vermouth.

Speaking of bitters...haha you guys’ll hate this one. Ever had a Pink Gin? It’s basically Gin and Angustura Bitters for color 😂😂. Was the drink of choice in the Rhodesian Selous Scouts. It was my go to all last summer.

Comment

• grantgallagher
        grantgallagher commented
        Editing a comment
        I got nothing against a pink gin. Pretty delicious.

Tanqueray Gin here, usually with tonic.
      I've tried Martini's, like Bourbon can't get a taste for them.

Comment

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Love a good G&T. You know, I wasn’t a gin drinker til I had this gin. Strictly bourbon and tequila. Now I’m almost as big as fan of gin as bourbon.

• au4stree
        au4stree commented
        Editing a comment
        Tanqueray 10 is my favorite with tonic and lemon, has to be lemon.

• CRO
        CRO commented
        Editing a comment
        Tanqueray or Tanqueray 10 with a splash of San Pellegrino

Not that this is gin, but back when God was a boy, we made a 17 minute martini at a restaurant where I bartended. Fill the metal shaker about half with ice. Two jiggers of stoli (it had to be stoli). Plunge the shaker in the ice well. Start your timer. When you pull the shaker, it’s crusted with ice cubes. Strain into a chilled martini glass. You will see thin shards of ice suspended in the vodka. Silly bar trick, but it made me a lot of tips, I actually had regulars call me before they left the office to get their cocktails started so it was ready when they arrived. Then start another one right way. 🍸🍸🍸

Comment

How cool is this! I have no doubt that you had enough regulars! I always wanted to become a barman. More than that, I even managed to get a bartending license, but, unfortunately something went wrong. Everybody was telling me that it can't be a job, because the average annual salary is just 20$. Anyway, I didn't give up on my dream. On the contrary, I continued to develop my skills, and started a blog lolacovington.com dedicated to cocktail recipes and other tricks I've aquired over the years. What do you think about it?
        Last edited by HeatherParr; April 2, 2021, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here