Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carnival Fun Ship, most requested drink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carnival Fun Ship, most requested drink

The Fun Ship Special
    1 oz Barcardi Superior Rum
    1/2 oz Sky Vodka (or better)
    1/2 oz Disaronno Amaretto (don't get the cheap stuff)
    1/2 oz Apricot Brandy
    1/2 oz Roses Grenadine (I get it at Wal-Mart, with drink mixers)
    1 oz Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
    2 1/2 oz Orange Juice (no Pulp, any store bought will do)
    2 1/2 oz Pinappple Juice (from the big tin can)

Put in shaker with ice cubes, shake, it will have a little foam on the top which makes the drink unique.

Makes 1 or 2 drinks

Welcome, thanks for the drink recipe. You mention (or better) on your vodka recommendation so I assume you have some knowledge of what that would be, could you provide some brands? I don't drink much vodka, but the best to me have been Grey Goose at the top, Svedka, Tito's was ok and that's about my knowledge.

Comment

• W.A.
      W.A. commented
      Editing a comment
      Kettle One is my favorite

• _John_
      _John_ commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, gonna try to make this tonight

"Makes 1 or 2 drinks" Love it!

Comment

Welcome Aboard dteal .... fun drink thanks

Comment

Welcome @dteal

You're off to a good start!

Comment

Thanks for posting. This reminds me of when my family took a Carnival cruise a couple years ago. We brought walkie-talkies to communicate but so did other people and they were always on our channel. We started using codenames for ourselves and my wife's was "Fun Ship". I was "Crown" because Crown Royal has always been my go-to whiskey.

Comment

We just tried this. It was really good. First batch I mixed exactly as printed. Second batch we put double Ameretto which is only 1 once total and half of the lemon Juice down to 1/2 oz . It was a bit to tart for our liking at first . Accidentally added a couple onces of water when I was at the fridge door for ice. Water added some volume and it was still as good.

Definately need to triple or quad all the ingredients and do a batch if company is over. There is a total of 9 oz of liquid so with ice it made two nice afternoon size happy hour drinks. Personally I would use whatever brand of alcohol you have unless you have more refined tastes than average. With all the citrus it is not a boozy type drink. Absolutely reminds you of what you would expect in a tropical spot or cruise ship.

Also reminds me of the kind of drink after you have a bunch of them you wake up on the deck or dock and wonder what happened. If your wife is lying beside you its cool and a vacation memory forever . If shes up in the room waiting for you (not so good)

Thanks for the post it is in my do again pile.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here