Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pomtini (pomegranate martini)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pomtini (pomegranate martini)

The Pomtini- one of my favorite cocktails to make at home.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150419_184856.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	299.5 KB
ID:	90272

If you use the good stuff it's just as good as getting one out.

add to a shaker:
    • 2 oz Absolut Citron vodka
    • 1 oz. Patron Cintronge, or other orange liqueur, (Cointreau or other triple sec will work if all else fails)
    • 2 oz. Pomegranate juice (POM brand is personal favorite)
    • 1/2 oz. lemon juice
    • 1-2 ice cubes min, more if desired
    Shake 5-10 seconds or until cold on your hands, strain into martini glass

Garnish with orange wedge if desired

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG7425 (2).jpg
Views:	192
Size:	200.3 KB
ID:	90271

Looks Great!

Comment

I hang around the kind of people where this is not an ok drink to have. Well maybe the drink, but not like that. Here bill, hold my pomtini, need to put another log on the fire...
      Brad, put that down, pomtini's are for closers only.

That said it looks like something I would sneak at charity events I go to that have free booze.
      Last edited by _John_; June 14, 2015, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Ha ha! I know what you mean. But I don't worry too much about that kinda thing. If it tastes good and it makes for a good time, I'm in.

Comment

I'm really gonna have to do a trip to that big liquor store soon and do some shopping - i have a big list now - Pomtini sounds absolut ely awesome...

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            If it sounds good to you, it will be good, promise. If not, mail the liquors to me and I'll use em up for ya!

• Steve Vojtek
            Steve Vojtek commented
            Editing a comment
            Nah that's not gonna happen Huskee - postage to America is expensive... I'm just gonna have to force myself to drink it all..

Mm mm mmmmm. That's a tasty looking martini !!

Comment

My wife has some of that Pom juice in the refrigerator now.

Comment

I have some pomegranate liqueur I might use for this. I could prolly have a sip, but it's not my kind of drink, really. But I bet it would go over well with the double-X half of the group. We'll see, I might make some of these for them tonite!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here