Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caipirinha - Learn how to muddle and win friends!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caipirinha - Learn how to muddle and win friends!

Caipirinha is Brazil's national cocktail, made with cachaça, sugar and lime. Cachaça is Brazil's most common distilled alcoholic beverage. The video below is in Portuguese, but the gentleman shows a great way to cut the lime (or lemon) to muddle very well.

Main alcohol: Cachaça
    Ingredients: Half a lime cut into 4 wedges, 2 Teaspoons sugar, 1 2/3 oz Cachaça
    Preparation: Place lime and sugar into old fashioned glass and muddle (mash the two ingredients together using a muddler or a wooden spoon). Fill the glass with crushed ice and add the Cachaça.
    Served: On the rocks; poured over ice
    Standard garnish: Lime, Sugar cane
    Drinkware: Old Fashioned glass

I change this up a little, and use simple syrup instead of granular sugar so I can muddle faster and not have a grainy mix. These are simply fantastic for the summer! My personal favorite over a Mohito.

Sounds good to me. I shall fwd this along to the better half (she makes the drinks). Thanks!

Comment

I love caipirinhas. I have been making them for years.

Comment

Wow those look fantastic. What would be a good substitute for cachaca? Don't think I'll be able to find it out here in the sticks.

Comment

Cachaça is a very close cousin to rum. Both are made from sugar. Cachaça is made from the actual sugar cane where as rum is from i believe the by products. they are close in nature and in a pinch you can swap them.

Also you can add any type of fruit. I have had them with mango, passion fruit, kiwi, and blood oranges instead of the lime. its a pretty forgiving drink and you can have alot of fun with it at party's
          Last edited by RG31F; August 14, 2015, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here