Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bloody Mary Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody Mary Recipe

I have two .... one is pre-mixed, one is not. Posting them for you Mr. Bones ..... although you could just come over to the house on a holiday and I'll make you one :-)

If you don't feel like the hassle, here's the simple solution :-)

Demetri's Bloody Mary Mix
    Quality tomato juice (not from concentrate)
    Vodka
    Garnish type stuff

Follow the directions on the bottle. This is quality stuff and you don't have to figure out how to mix it yourself. Way better than any other mix I've ever tried.

If you want to make your own from scratch .....

Rim of glass:
    celery salt
    kosher salt
    black pepper

mix them in equal amounts on a small plate. Take the glass, wet the rim with lime juice, put rim down in the salt mix and twist.

Bloody Mary cocktail - this will make two cocktails:
    12 oz tomato juice
    1/2 tbsp creamy hot horseradish
    1 tbsp worcestershire
    3/4 tsp celery salt
    1 tsp garlic salt
    1 tsp fresh ground black pepper (fairly fine)

Mix all of this in a cocktail shaker and then add 3-4 dashes of Tabasco

Fill your pint glasses (that have already got salt mix rims) with ice, add 3 oz vodka, fill the rest of the way with tomato juice.

Garnish how you like .... I keep it simple -- a couple olives, a pepperoncini, a celery stalk, maybe a lime wedge

Doctor up the mix to your taste .... that recipe is a moderate kick on the heat and good flavor.

Don't wimp out on the tomato juice. Get good stuff, not cheap from concentrate. You WILL notice the difference. From concentrate is watery and separates.

This is the pre-made mix. It's pretty darn good and saves you some time.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	demetrios.jpg Views:	1 Size:	75.4 KB ID:	613331

Thanks, Brother!

Breakfast is th most important meal of th day!

What kinda vodka do ya enjoy? (I don't keep any stocked, typically...)

Comment

That sounds good. Here's my favorite:

1/2 Original Zing Zang Bloody Mary Mix
      1/2 Mr & Mrs. T's bloody mix with horseradish
      A splash of lime juice.

Everything else to taste. I like olives, pickled green beans, pickled carrots and bacon stirrers.

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Bacon. Oh yeah.

• Dr ROK
        Dr ROK commented
        Editing a comment
        Lov zing zang!

Thanks, Brothers!

Grey Goose? Tito's? Others?

Am assumin GIGO applies here, to th vodka, same as th mater juice

Comment

Mr. Bones yep, don't buy cheap vodka .... it don't taste good. I normally keep some Tito's in the freezer.

Comment

The wife and I love our Bloody Marys, will have to try the Demetri's. I'm also a Zing Zang kinda guy ...

Comment

• ecowper
            ecowper commented
            Editing a comment
            I've tried Zing Zang and Mrs. T's .... I personally think Demitri's is way better, but we all have our own tastes, too.

I think I read in an issue of Jefferson Living that those were the best Bloody Mary's in Maple Valley!

Comment

• ecowper
            ecowper commented
            Editing a comment
            I think we are only honorary Jeffersonians here in Maple Valley .... too close to Seattle.

SWMBO got me this for Christmas: https://www.giftcrates.com/collectio...ody-mary-crate

so I guess I'll be forced to do my own taste test.

Comment

• ecowper
            ecowper commented
            Editing a comment
            oooh, that's pretty awesome

I like fresh citrus (I prefer lime over lemon) and pickle juice in my bloodies.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Fresh citrus seems like a basic must, fer a Great Bloody Mary, certainly!

+++++ on Pickles; I often choose Claussen, when I'm pickle shoppin

Sometimes I buy lesser, but it jus ain't th same. Vlasic ain't too bad, if ya love pickles like I do, but, still...

Juice is always used up, in other dishes, marinades, sauces, etc.

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            I catch my girlfriend standing in front of the fridge chugging pickle juice from jar all the time.

Got to love the Demetri's. Excellent addition, I even use it in my chili.

Comment

• ecowper
            ecowper commented
            Editing a comment
            that's a good idea, in the chili

I'm a huge fan of Panola's Bloody Mary mix. Hard to find though. I generally stock up at the Panola plant on my way down to Hammond, LA in March. My mix is good tomato juice, a shot of homemade bread & butter pickle vinegar, a shot of Panola and thinned some with Sanpellegrino Lemonetta. It's a citrusy Mary. But Zing Zang with a shot of Panola works for me too.

Comment

• grillinglousiana
            grillinglousiana commented
            Editing a comment
            ive been to the Panola plant...not exactly on the beaten path...u check out the transavalina hot sauce there

My favorite is Texas Red Eye Habanero bloody mary mix but everybody stopped carrying it around here some years ago. It also made a excellent base for my Buffalo Chili.

Comment

It was a Bloody Mary bar type of day today at the lake house. A balmy 28* outside.....windy and wet snowy/rain mix most of the day.

Found some green chile infused vodka from Crater Lake Distillery. Was pretty good! Subtle flavor. Added with v8 and then all the mixins - horse radish, cholula, Lea Perrins, cayenne, celery salt and the garden veg of celery, pickle, olive, okra and hot peppers.

Looked for a decent mix but Zing Zangs isn’t gluten free and dimitris wasnt around to try. That stuff isn’t cheap looking st the website! So V8 it was! Man they were good!

Comment

I'm a gin bloody Mary guy myself. NEVER VODKA! Depending on if using pre-made mix or making my own, will also need horseradish, dill pickle juice, Worcestershire, celery salt, black pepper, & hot sauce. Garnish with a dill pickle spear and other garnishes such as steamed and chilled asparagus spear, olives, pepperoncini, &/or a pickled jalapeño!

Comment

• ecowper
                ecowper commented
                Editing a comment
                that seems like a waste of good gin ;-)

• Dr ROK
                Dr ROK commented
                Editing a comment
                Don't knock it till ya try it! Don't forget the dill pickle and salted rim!

Closin in on method #1, ecowper !

Blue Santa delivered my Demitris, today... 3-pack of 16 oz Lookin forward to tryin it, cause I've had other mixes that fell severely short of even a 'decent' Bloody Mary

750 of Tito's secured from my fave liquor store
              Click image for larger version

Name:	20181229_190528.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	615387
              Have to pick up some good mater juice, when I hit th grocery, tomorrow...few veggies, too, I reckon

Comment

• ecowper
                ecowper commented
                Editing a comment
                I can't wait to hear what you think Mr. Bones.

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                I promise to keep ya posted, Brother!

Thanks!!!!

I always appreciate yer sharin th benefit of yer wisdom, an experience!

Yer a Good Man!

• barelfly
                barelfly commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks good! Can’t wait to hear about it.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here