Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bacon smoked old fashioned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bacon smoked old fashioned

Fun thing to do and a cocktail made famous by legendary bar man don lee, the Smoked bacon old fashioned, just yours will be kicked up a notch since he bought smoked bacon and didn’t make it himself. Take your smoked bacon/pork belly and render some of the fat(4 oz needed for a 750 ml bottle) and add while still liquid to a larger air tight container along with the whiskey(mason jars work great) cap and shake up bottle a bit and put in freezer. Eventually the fat not able to latch onto alcohol molecules will solidify and form a solid layer at top of bottle(couple hours) Poke a hole through that and pour liquid through a strainer and bottle. Let he booze come up to room temperature before you use. 1/4 oz maple syrup, 2 dashes angostura bitters and 2oz smoked bacon infused whiskey built on a large cube of ice, give it a couple spins with a spoon so everything mixes and enjoy.

Dam here I thought it was going to be about smoking bacon

Comment

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nah - too hard to keep lit, screws up your pipe.

oh HI ...

Wow- that sounds good.

Comment

Bacon, whiskey and maple syrup -- what a great combo! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I have done something similar. Used the rendered fat from Benton’s bacon which is super smokey to fat wash Four Roses bourbon. Let sit overnight and then freeze/strain. Then did a black walnut/brown sugar bacon old fashioned.

Click image for larger version  Name:	807DA95F-8A43-41ED-B3EA-B2CEA1E3F012.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	867.1 KB ID:	561390

Comment

The black walnut bitters are delicious and intense. theyre always a mainstay at my bar when the temperatures start to dip.

Comment

I'm starting to fee like an amateur drinker, BUT I'M IRISH. This has never been my goal. I'll have to do this with a maple whiskey right away, but this also needs to be tried with Scotch, and none of the other stuff.

Peat, Bacon, can't be beat.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here