Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fidel Castro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fidel Castro

Inspired by Huskee, I thought I'd share one of my favorite drinks. I really enjoy a good drink before dinner, and after also. This one I make on a regular basis.

You need
    2-3 oz dark cuban rum (NOT spiced rum)
    1/2 lime
    ginger ale

Add some ice cubes (not crushed ice) in a highball glass. Pour the rum, ginger ale, and juice from half a lime into the glass. Cut the lime in half and add to the drink.

Enjoy!

Sounds good Henrik. You add an entire half a lime to it as a garnish? Did I read it correctly?

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, that is correct. I cut that half in two, and add those two cloves. But feel free to add a thin slice, or whatever preferences you have. I'm just a lazy dude :-)

Its namesake - did he actually drink this? Pretty sure we can't get Cuban rum in the States.

Comment

• Guy
      Guy commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like we will be able to get the Cuban Rum soon. Whatcha all think?

But you can get Myers or Goslings dark rum (not spiced) which would, I imagine, make a fair substitute.

DEW

Comment

• Henrik
      Henrik commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree, Myers or Goslings would do the job.

• HC in SC
      HC in SC commented
      Editing a comment
      Cockspur from the Bahamas or Appleton's from Jamaica isn't bad - but they are not nearly as dark as Myers'.

To me Myers' is almost too syrupy - I usually prefer the Bacardi Anejo or just the plain old boring Bacardi Silver.

If you are mixing with soda or juice -- and especially if making daiquiris, you might want to stick with the cheap Silver - I think alot of the taste of the rum is lost in the mixer.

The expensive, dark rums you want to use on the rocks only usually.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here