Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tom Collins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    Definitely not the only one, here's one from me:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Doesn't James Bond want his martinis prepared "shaken, not stirred"? Lol. Who can argue with 007?

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    For the record, some claim it is bullspit and it might only apply to martinis anyway. I was just having a little fun.

DEW

• MrSkimo
    replied
    I'll give it a try...more of an Old Fashioned guy though. Bourbon, sugar, muddled cherry, bitters, splash of Cointreau. No soda water.

Leave a comment:

• chudzikb
    commented on 's reply
    Lancaster...Home of the Amish!

• Huskee
    replied
    Bruises? I don't have a refined enough palate to know the difference.

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    Where in PA, chudzik?

• Dewesq55
    replied
    I don't want to sound like an a$$, but gin should never be shaken. It bruises. Stirring is best.

Leave a comment:

• chudzikb
    replied
    Drinkers? Here? Perish the thought! I don't go for the hard stuff, gave that up in my 20's. Especially after my wedding, don't really recall the reception. Craft brews have my attention now, we in central PA have quite a few and they are spreading nation wide. Drink local...just saying...

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Originally posted by Marauderer View Post
    That's a great recipe Huskee. I remember growing up in South Florida and my folks had Tom Collins on a regular basis.
    Thanks Barry. My wife was a die hard Long Island Iced Tea fan until I started ordering Tom Collins when we were out and then began making them at home....now it's one of her favs. And tons cheaper to make than LIIT.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    That's a great recipe Huskee. I remember growing up in South Florida and my folks had Tom Collins on a regular basis.

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    We're all aspiring to Huskee's example. Personally I think it'll be difficult, but I shall push through with much effort and determination!

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Originally posted by rickmoorect View Post
    Huskee I think you are the only drinker here? someone else post a recipe to prove me wrong, I dare ya !!
    Looks that way so far doesn't it? Lol.

Leave a comment:

• rickmoorect
    replied
    Huskee I think you are the only drinker here? someone else post a recipe to prove me wrong, I dare ya !!

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    started a topic Tom Collins

Tom Collins

Need:
    • Rocks glass
    • 3 oz Gin
    • Either:
      • 4 oz Tom Collins mix
      • or
      • 3 oz Lemon Juice & 3 tsp superfine sugar
    • 4 oz Club soda (NOT tonic water)

Blend or shake the gin, TC mix (or lemon juice + sugar) with cracked or cubed ice. Top with club soda (not tonic water). IMO Beefeater gin makes the best TCs. Sweet & sour mix doesn't seem to work as well as the TC mix if you can find it.

Optional garnishes: 1 maraschino cherry and orange slice.

There are MANY variations on a good Tom Collins, adjust these ratios to your taste.

Sip. Then make another.
    Last edited by Huskee; July 10, 2014, 03:56 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here