Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World's Greatest Spicy Margarita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World's Greatest Spicy Margarita

This drink features heavily in the JCBBQ household but is a staple during the summer. Here's my recipe for a pitcher:

Click image for larger version

Name:	margarita.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	222.5 KB
ID:	324320

2 cups good quality silver tequila. I like Don Julio
    3/4 cup Rose's Lime juice
    3/4 cup Cointreau
    4 cups Whiskey Sour mix
    Juice of
    4 oranges
    4 lemons
    4 limes

1 or 2 days before you are going to serve, take a handful of jalepenos cut them up and cover w 2 cups of tequila. Let the jalepenos infuse the tequila for at least a day.

On the day you are serving DON'T USE 2 CUPS OF THE SPICY TEQUILA.

What I do is mix everything together but the tequila. Then add 1 cup of tequila and taste. If you like the spiciness then add a 2nd cup of NON spicy tequila. Some people think this is too spicy. You might try using a 1/2 cup of infused tequila and then add 1.5 cups of the regular tequila.

MAKE SURE YOU STRAIN THE INFUSED TEQUILA BEFORE ADDING TO THE PITCHER.

Take a shaker with ice. Pour fully mixed margarita in. Shake, pour into a margarita glass and serve.

You're welcome

Sounds delicious. Thanks, JCBBQ !

Kathryn

Comment

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      It's always a hit. Let me know if you try it.

Ever tried it with a different pepper? I've tried similar recipes and I don't care for the jalapeño. I'm thinking maybe another pepper might be more to my liking.

Comment

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      I've heard Ghost peppers are good.

• kmhfive
      kmhfive commented
      Editing a comment
      I think I'd be willing to taste one made with Ghost pepper. Don't have any handy, so I won't be making it myself.

• JCGrill
      JCGrill commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not sure if anyone besides me that I know would be interested in ghost pepper. I can play with it a bit.

Weird....my wife was just talking about wanting one of these, she seen it on a menu somewhere and I thought about asking if anyone had a recipe here.... too weird. Thanks for sharing! Doesn't sound good to me, but it does to her.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Happy Wife=Happy Life!

• JCBBQ
      JCBBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee, just change the cup measurements to "parts" and you can make an individual drink. Squeeze a 1/4 piece of each fruit per drink.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here