Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liquor (and Liqueur) Heresy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liquor (and Liqueur) Heresy

Based on the whiskey sour recipe post by DrCJ wherein he specified orange bitters for a whiskey sour, I got a burr under my saddle and decided to try a drink of bourbon with Grand Marnier--I came up with one part GM to 3 or 4 parts bourbon (I used Buffalo Trace in honor of Huskee and Smarkley). I LIKED it.

Let the mocking begin!
    Last edited by Willy; August 30, 2017, 02:01 PM.

I know there are a lot of purists out there that believe that a good alcohol requires nothing but maybe a bit of ice. I'm not one of them. There are times when I like a good tequila on the rocks, or a vodka martini with the vermouth waved over the glass, but mostly the burn needs a little softening for me. So if it works for you, go for it.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      "Neat" is the Only Way IMHOP! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
      From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

If it was enjoyable to ya', then how I like my likker matters not one iota.
    Certainly, light-years removed from Heresy, to me.
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 12, 2017, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bones, I Could Have Sworn You Were From the Dry SideΓ’Ββ€œ. πŸ™‰πŸ™ˆπŸ™Š
      From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

The way I see it is any supermarket variety whiskey can be used in cocktails. I wouldn't use fancy whiskey, but anything in the $20-30/bottle range to me is open season for mixers. Buffalo Trace, while (to me) worlds better than Jim Beam and Jack Daniels, is still right around their price. No mocking here! But if you used Blanton's or Pappy VanWinkle in a mixer I'd mock

Comment

if you stuck ANYTHING in single malt scotch, I would seriously mock you!!

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Guess you'd be mocking me - one small ice cube is my thing for single malts.

• Thunder77
        Thunder77 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok I think one small ice cube is fine. I was thinking more of mixers

• DogFaced PonySoldier
        DogFaced PonySoldier commented
        Editing a comment
        A good single malt needs NOTHING. A tiny splash of water, or a single cube is a stretch... I usually do a splash in bourbons, but single malts are neat and clean!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here