Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me win a cocktail contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me win a cocktail contest

Greetings Pit Friends,

My family and I are going on a ski trip with 10 other families in February (rented a huge ski in - ski out mansion on the mountain, going to be awesome), and there is a cocktail contest on one of the evenings.

Does anyone have any original and delicious cocktail recipe suggestions? I'd like to do something very different and weird, so don't hold back on out of the box ideas.

I will cement myself as a true culinary god with a cocktail win as I am bringing home made pastrami as well.

Thanks,
    BBQOaf

Ramos Fizz.

The Ramos Fizz, alias the New Orleans Fizz or the Gin Fizz, breaks all the rules.

Comment

3 cups lime margarita mix, 1 cup tequila, 1/4 cup rum, strawberries, banana, blackberries, 1 container cherry yogurt, ice. Blend well. This may be too "summery" for a snow contest, though.

Comment

Here's a drink I made up many years ago. I call it a Neon Knight. Neon due to its color and Knight due to that it's friendly & enjoyable but can still kick your blankety blank.

In that same channel around the same time period I also posted a variant of that drink called the Neon Fizz. I think you add Sprite to it. Both are awesome in a big hurricane glass.

Comment

We used to make 'Swamp Water', served in mason jar, or mason jugs.

Ice
          1 oz. Vodka (your choice in maker, I don't judge)
          1 oz. Lime & Vodka (Phillips makes it. Must be Green)
          1 oz. Sweet and Sour
          4 oz. 7up
          splash of Coca-Cola to give it that murky feel.

Comment

• Atalanta
            Atalanta commented
            Editing a comment
            My roomie in college had mason jars with the recipe on it. Her version is a little different:
            1 1/2 oz Chartreuse
            1/4 oz Lime Juice
            6 oz Pineapple Juice

Don't know if you'd have the time to listen to these. They 50 minutes long, but at some more or less predictable point in each show, there's an original cocktail described. May give you some ideas. http://www.npr.org/podcasts/38144392...party-download

Comment

Pisco sour:

Pisco Sour

Very tart lime juice is essential.

Shake this cocktail well, so that when you pour it into an old-fashioned glass, you get a nice half inch layer of foam on top.

Ingredients:

• 3 ounces pisco (Peruvian brandy--I use the Porton brand)

• 1 ounce simple syrup

• 1 ounce key lime juice

• 1 egg white

• Angostura bitters (2-3 dashes)

• Ice cubes

Preparation:

1. Mix the pisco, lime juice, simple syrup (equal parts by volume of sugar and water) and egg white in a cocktail shaker.

2. Add ice to fill, and shake vigorously.

3. Strain into an old-fashioned glass, and sprinkle the Angostura bitters on top of the foam.

4. Serve immediately.

Makes 1 large (8 ounce) cocktail or 2 small cocktails.
            Last edited by Willy; January 26, 2017, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              One of the greatest drinks in the world!

• Willy
              Willy commented
              Editing a comment
              EdF Yep, it really is. Very easy drinking; therefore, dangerous...

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              Got the T-shirt!

I don't have a drink recipe but using something to make an awesome serving or drinking container would be cool. For instance if you follow my link you essentially put a tap in the watermellon. So you hollow out some fruit and you pour your drink in it for extra fun. Another example is pineapple mugs. Can you do something with jello? Lastly I added some special effect drinks link. I've made some variations but nothing I wrote down. If ANYTHING check out the last link.

Comment

How about a smoked Bloody Mary. Smoke tomatoes onions and peppers and blend them into your tomato juice. You could add grilled shrimp for garnish. Rim the glass with smoked salt.

Comment

Sorry, no help, but a funny story. My brother used to tend bar. The explosion of Apple Bee's drinks was a major pain in their, uhm, tail. So when someone would order a Bahama Mama, they would pour bourbon and water, and say, "That's how we make it, how do you like it?" Ah, makes me chuckle. (Sorry we're a bit crusty out here in Montana.)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here