Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hard Apple Cider?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard Apple Cider?

Does anybody have recipes or advice for making hard apple cider? Buddy of mine and I are interested in putting the abundance of apple crop to good use. With all the experts in pretty much everything culinary here, I Figured I would reach out to the Pit before I start hitting up google search

Hi Tim I have made apple cider from both whole apples that we crushed and juiced ourselves and commercially bought juice or cider. I have had fairly good success in making cider and beer, I'd love to help you out I know this response is a little late but perhaps I can help you with future batches. Are you looking to press whole apples into juice or are you planning to start with juice? If you give me a little info on raw materials you have access to I can try to steer you in the right direction towards a working recipe

Comment

Tim E How did it go? I've made a fair amount of cider.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bbPG7NQ.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	402385

Comment

• kmhfive
        kmhfive commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve made cider, but didn’t really like it as much as beer or mead. So, haven’t tried again in several years.

• Tim E
        Tim E commented
        Editing a comment
        We went the easy route and just wound up just making regular cider for the kids =)

cut them up and put them under your deer feeder.... Venison is way better than my wife's girly beer.... JKJKJKJ

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here