Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cocktail Recipe: Huskee's Key Lime Pie Cocktail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cocktail Recipe: Huskee's Key Lime Pie Cocktail

Huskee's Key Lime Pie Cocktail
    Rich, creamy, but not overly sweet

You'll need
    • 3 oz. vanilla vodka
      • (I use Smirnoff Vanilla Vodka, 70 proof. Google says you can make your own with 1/8 tsp vanilla extract per 1 oz. regular vodka, but I haven't vetted this. If using a stronger vodka, try 2.5 oz.)
    • 1/2 oz. dry gin (90+ proof is best)
    • 1.5 oz. fresh lime juice
    • 1 oz. heavy whipping cream
    • 3/4 oz. simple syrup, 2:1 blend (If using a 1:1 blend use 1 oz.)
    • 1 egg white, optional. (= 2 Tbsp = 1 oz.)
    • 3 oz. club soda (yes, measure it)
    • graham cracker crumbs
    Method
    1. Add all liquids, except club soda, to shaker
    2. Shake 10 seconds
    3. Add ice to shaker and shake an additional 10 seconds or until well chilled
    4. Strain into collins or other cocktail glass capable of holding ~12 oz
    5. Add 3 oz club soda
    6. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs on top of foam
    7. Garnish with lime wedge or coiled lime peel on top, optional.
    8. Serve with straw
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Key lime pie cocktail.jpg
Views:	598
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	1236528

About this recipe
    This is my own creation. There are lots of Key Lime Pie martini, etc, recipes out there but I did not look at them or copy them, this one is from scratch. This recipe was inspired by Attjack 's posting of the Ramos Gin Fizz (but this is very different). Thank you Attjack for the pro picture above!

About the limes
    Technically, to be called "Key" Lime, it should use actual key limes, which I did not. Please do if you can, otherwise grocery store (usually Persian) limes are just fine. Even RealLime bottled lime juice will work if you cannot use fresh.

About the club soda
    Club soda is necessary here, to soften the flavor some but mainly to help with the creamy foam, giving it almost a meringue-like texture to mimic the pie.

About the graham cracker crumbs
    Please don't skip 'em. You'll be amazed how their aroma adds that "wow this smells like pie" factor.

About the egg white
    Optional. It adds a certain mouthfeel and lusciousness. If it grosses you out, skip it. You can buy containers of pasteurized egg whites for cocktails, or you can even use aquafaba as a substitute.

Looks fantastic!

Comment

That looks fantastic. I am going to try it using Nellie and Joe's Key Lime Juice. The key lime recipe on their bottle is my favorite pie. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

My wife says, Yes, please make her a pitcher full..

Comment

• Craigar
          Craigar commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here