Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cocktail Recipe: Ramos Gin Fizz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cocktail Recipe: Ramos Gin Fizz

Ramos Gin Fizz

Click image for larger version  Name:	ZyzcF3iLbtkiazNdmf2dAYevcXhwraC5mo9q70pX9SXhxXKiIRGSOvd_Zt-c8eSzHkAS7Y-NU-VrunS2rU35FbTuT8nVLV96vBzqubRGOiwKlgs-C5tG1EPQ5OrkWUv7E7IomjO_jrjzwOJBumb-rW06Tbv7-3lMR9-ONpGaVbB9uWc3plsLtgsgeUQHynl5pUQZ0oxC_ZEWSrYm9veYgIIDKMIUede3PBoxWxJxjCK3hJsFJmix9xFrY3h-PRr Views:	44 Size:	68.4 KB ID:	1229715
    • 2 ounces gin
    • 3/4 ounce simple syrup
    • 1/2 ounce heavy cream
    • 1/2 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
    • 1/2 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
    • 3 dashes orange flower water
    • 1 fresh egg white
    • Club soda

Add the gin, simple syrup, heavy cream, lemon and lime juices, orange flower water and egg white into a shaker and dry-shake (without ice) vigorously for about 10 seconds.
    Add ice and shake for at least 15 seconds, until well-chilled.

Strain into a Collins glass.

Pour a little bit of club soda back and forth between the empty halves of the shaker tins to pick up any residual cream and egg white, then use that to top the drink.

This is a very nice drink. I used aquafaba in place of egg whites.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

Sounds quite nice, hope to try this tonight.

Comment

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      This is a unique drink in that it's served in a Collins glass that contains no ice. Let me know how you like it.

• mcook2201
      mcook2201 commented
      Editing a comment
      Will do, thks for posting.

I love gin drinks, and I love heavy cream. Question- what can I use in place of "orange flower water"? Perhaps orange bitters?

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Attjack No rose water either...do you mean vanilla extract? No orange bitters then?

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Google tells me (here: https://americasrestaurant.com/orang...r-substitutes/) that I can use orange oil, which I do have. Am making this now, will update.....

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I meant vanilla extract. Sounds like orange oil will work for you though.

Very nice drink indeed. Only thing missing is sitting by the ocean sipping this!
    I also had to use orange bitters and use a beer mug.
    thanks again Attjack for posting.
    Attached Files

Comment

This drink is awesome! My only substitutions were a couple dashes orange oil instead of orange flower water (don't have). And I only had 1/4oz lime juice (dangit) for a double, wife & I, so essentially 1/8oz for each drink. I made up the other 2 oz total with just lemon juice. Still great.

This is wonderful!

I would say it's similar to a combo of the strengths of a whiskey sour - meets Tom Collins - and maybe a little 'meets Pina Colada' cuz of the creaminess.

Thank you Attjack. My wife & I are adding this to our list of favorite drinks as we sip it.....

Comment

Ramos Fizz is our Christmas Morning drink. We skip the fizz though. No club soda. Mmmm. One of my faves.

Comment

Starting the weekend early?

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            No, just making a recipe archive thread. Huskee thought it would be cool to have some of the cocktail recipes from the weekly cocktail thread in a format that makes finding them easier. I should really do one for the Monkey Gland too.

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            I for one think it's a great idea to start the weekend on a Tuesday evening!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here